Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mauzac Tapas Gone?

Options
  • 12-01-2011 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Just walked by the place and everything is gone, furniture and all, nothing in the window saying what the story is. I walked past it last night and they were definitely open. Any know what the story is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

haven't heard anything, they might just be doing a big clean?

did you notice any of the decorations on the walls (pictures mirrors etc) or any glasses behind the bar?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

was down there 2 weeks ago and the place was hopping mad busy!
    A strange one if it is closed!

real pity if they're gone, it was the business!

• Registered Users Posts: 41,066 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

no, absolutely everything is gone

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 45,856 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

anyone know if it is open/closed?

Been trying all day to ring to book a table but the number just keeps ringing out.

(Been there 3 or 4 times and loved it every time)

EDIT: Never mind, saw the thread below.... (went straight to this one from Google)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

not sure if this is related: saw a big self-drive rental truck outside the Pub unit in Charlesland at lunchtime today - perhaps, like with the furniture from Woodlands Lodge, TonyD123 is storing his stuff there! I am just speculating - I may have put 1 & 1 together and got 3.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

astrofluff wrote: »
    not sure if this is related: saw a big self-drive rental truck outside the Pub unit in Charlesland at lunchtime today - perhaps, like with the furniture from Woodlands Lodge, TonyD123 is storing his stuff there! I am just speculating - I may have put 1 & 1 together and got 3.

lol not again! :pac:

Please astro don't bring it up! I can see the new thread already! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

We were supposed to be eating there on Friday, table booked.

Off to Hungry Monk instead. :)

Would be nice if he opened it up down in the charlesland pub!!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭vinpaul

haven't heard anything, they might just be doing a big clean?

did you notice any of the decorations on the walls (pictures mirrors etc) or any glasses behind the bar?

All is bare. Nothing left only light switches. Furniture, pictures, glassses etc all gone. A sudden departure during Tue night/Wed morning. This is the same team that opened in Woodlands Lodge and went wallop after a short while. Looks like this will be another vacant site to blight the street for some time to come.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Two Boys

Would be nice if he opened it up down in the charlesland pub!!
    Hope tehy open in Charlesland!! That would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭hamstervision

vinpaul wrote: »
    All is bare. Nothing left only light switches. Furniture, pictures, glassses etc all gone. A sudden departure during Tue night/Wed morning.

That's really mental. My wife and I were there on Tuesday night, only ourselves and another table of 4 in the place, but it was a Tuesday night. In fact, she asked him how the place was going and he said great, though there may have been some sarcasm there. We were saying we'd have to go back because there was more stuff we wanted to try off the menu, never thought we'd be 2 of their last customers! Shame.

Got an email from the manager yesterday who confirmed that the restaurant has indeed closed. Said the weather we had in November/December saw a huge decrease in the number of customers and a massive hit to cash flow, which is the primary reason for the closure.

Personally, I am sad to see this restaurant close - had quickly become one of my favourite restaurants around and I had been really looking forward to going there this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭vinpaul

Passed by about 12:30 and there is some activity going on. Door open and could see some sweeping up. Maybe a new operator is moving in. Will keep a watch. All other restaurants seemed to have done a good trade despite the inclement weather in Nov and Dec.
    To me it has something to do with the management team. This team didn't last very long in SCRIPT. Lasted less than a year here. Opened end of March as far as memory serves me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭GingerDave

Nothing to do with the management team. Cash flow is king and if you haven't got any, and as a business your burning cash you won't last long!

This was a tapas bar not serving tapas! It didn't even attempt to serve authentically spanish dishes. No real loss.

Some people are still delusional and playing at shops. The IMF are in town, it's going to get worse not better for some time to come. I'd say there will be many more busines shut down in Greystones this year, most of them aren't sustainable.

People are only just getting a kick in the balls, with the January pay packet reduced significantly by tax to help pay for the bail out. Many local business will struggle to survive as rents, utilities and wages are still way too expensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Agreed and on topic I thought the food was poor. It was pre cooked as confirmed to us one night by a new waitress. The meat balls were bland, the calamari was tough and the wine list was a tad short.

I also know people who booked for a table of five and turned up only to be told there was no booking. No attempt to fix the mistake and no apology. An offer of a couple of bottles of wine with their next meal would have sorted it.

I'm sure the review they got some time ago didn't help either. They might have had local trade but anyone who read that review certainly wouldn't have travelled to try the place.

You can't run a business like that and last especially the way things are now.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,066 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

he treated his staff like crap as well - one of the chefs walked out of the place because he was treated badly - the next night the manager had to cook the food himself because there was no chef and this was the night that the reviewer was there

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Gerrystones

I liked the food and the place,it was different.Was there last w/e and the credit card machines were down so cash only.I had a gift voucher(a swipe card) they could not take that.Very disapointed the way it was handeled.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

Hadn't they just opened a cocktail bar...

Hope it hasn't closed as it was the best place to eat in Greystones...

P.S. Charlesland still needs a pub...!!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

It is closed since last Wednesday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭luapenak

Scandal

Never a good sign when places can't accept cards, remember that furniture place in carrickmines???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Hadn't they just opened a cocktail bar...

P.S. Charlesland still needs a pub...!!!:mad:

You can have one of ours, we've got 8 or 9. Mind you, there's nobody in'em!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

No loss and no surprise. Shocking service and crap food.

No loss and no surprise. Shocking service and crap food.

I love how people come online to post such stuff as fact.

WEnt there a number of times. Service was always fine and friendly, and I always loved the meal. It is a loss, to some at least, you don't get to decide whether people do or should miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

i only ate there once. Food was great, as was the service. Would have gone back.

I love how people come online to post such stuff as fact.

WEnt there a number of times. Service was always fine and friendly, and I always loved the meal. It is a loss, to some at least, you don't get to decide whether people do or should miss it.

Went there, food was crap so was service, never mentioned your ability to choose or others, simply stating the facts as I experienced them.

Decision made anyway, no one will be going there again.

I hadn't realised it was the same fellas as Script and the Bakery, with this knowledge it really doesn't surprise how quickly they moved on.

Went there, food was crap so was service, never mentioned your ability to choose or others, simply stating the facts as I experienced them.

Decision made anyway, no one will be going there again.
    Redundant thread - closed, opened, wouldnt eat, would eat... and so we move on

ooh sorry i got mixed up with the Chinese restaurant thread :D

It's a fair comment, it's gone, debate on it's merits are pointless.

However if we are going to debate businesses that have gone... how about that Stanley Stores, ol Missus Stanley used to have some lovely candy in there. :)

• Advertisement

It's a fair comment, it's gone, debate on it's merits are pointless.

However if we are going to debate businesses that have gone... how about that Stanley Stores, ol Missus Stanley used to have some lovely candy in there. :)

Have to say, i did find it weird that someone was having a pop at you for your comments about how poor it was, when you did in fact visit the place and found it to be poor. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement