Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mauzac Tapas Gone?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Must have been going to a different place. After 3 chances we gave up. The food was consistently well below par. If you're happy paying those prices for crap food fair play to you. You probably kept the place going for longer then it should have. But one man's meat is another mans poison I suppose.

Having said that I hadn't darkened the door of that other kip the cherry blossom since i was a kid. I thought everyone from Greystones knew to avoid that place like the plague.

Either way, neither of them are any loss to the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭darter

ciaran67 wrote: »
    Have to say, i did find it weird that someone was having a pop at you for your comments about how poor it was, when you did in fact visit the place and found it to be poor. ;)

Blandpebbles found it poor because the food didn't have the "copious rat droppings" that he's so clearly fond of... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

Redundant comment, no relevance to me or the Tapas bar, move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Jeez darter, ease off on the comments - the fact of the matter is that tapas are small portions; Blandpebbles clearly enjoys larger portions - nuff said :pac:

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

astrofluff wrote: »
    Jeez darter, ease off on the comments - the fact of the matter is that tapas are small portions; Blandpebbles clearly enjoys larger portions - nuff said :pac:

Ok. Eased off... Just glad that crap places are justifiably closing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 doylerd

Ohhhhhhhh I heard a very very different reason for it's closing, though it sounds a bit dramatic and anyway is too controversial to publicly post. In any case the manner in which they closed (i.e. Cleaning the place out overnight) points to something along the lines of extreme personal differences, or avoidance of creditors. Pretty bizarre.

For what it's worth I thought the place was ok, and it was cheap at least by Irish standards. Fact of the matter is it's pretty worrying that greystones (15,000 people now?) can't support a startup for at least a year. Even atrocious restaurants usually last at least 12 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

doylerd wrote: »
    Ohhhhhhhh I heard a very very different reason for it's closing, though it sounds a bit dramatic and anyway is too controversial to publicly post. In any case the manner in which they closed (i.e. Cleaning the place out overnight) points to something along the lines of extreme personal differences, or avoidance of creditors. Pretty bizarre.

For what it's worth I thought the place was ok, and it was cheap at least by Irish standards. Fact of the matter is it's pretty worrying that greystones (15,000 people now?) can't support a startup for at least a year. Even atrocious restaurants usually last at least 12 months.
    So it's OUR fault it closed? :eek:

Please don't come here and spout innuendo and rumour. Give us facts, or stay silent.

Enough good restaurants already in Greystones without a bad one taking custom away. Yes, a proper tapas bar, as in Spain, I think would be very well received for post-work snacking prior to dinner. One that serves sort-of Spanish tapas at inflated prices with indifferent service does not deserve to survive.

darter wrote: »
    Please don't come here and spout innuendo and rumour. Give us facts, or stay silent.

Darter, don't come online to try and exert authority over and belittle people. It's immediately obvious that you're an example of a person who wouldn't dare speak to somebody like that in person, so don't try to be someone else just because you're invisible. It's a little bit pathetic.

MikeDragon32, I'm not sure why you took that so personally. It was a reference to the fact that people aren't going out to eat as much as they used to.

Very odd reactions lads. Get a grip.

Darter, don't come online to try and exert authority over and belittle people. It's immediately obvious that you're an example of a person who wouldn't dare speak to somebody like that in person, so don't try to be someone else just because you're invisible. It's a little bit pathetic.

MikeDragon32, I'm not sure why you took that so personally. It was a reference to the fact that people aren't going out to eat as much as they used to.

Very odd reactions lads. Get a grip.

doylerd, rest assured that I do speak my mind personally.

I am not trying to exert authority or belittle you, but gently letting you know, as you are a newbie with only 4 posts to date, that this board looks for facts in posts. Your post was bereft of facts.

We have a grip.

• Advertisement

"We have a grip". :p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭garden_snapper

darter wrote: »
    doylerd, rest assured that I do speak my mind personally.

I am not trying to exert authority or belittle you, but gently letting you know, as you are a newbie with only 4 posts to date, that this board looks for facts in posts. Your post was bereft of facts.

We have a grip.

Darter with 90 posts you are hardly Mr. Boards yourself! The tapas bar is gone big deal. Does it state on the charter that all posts must be backed up with facts?

As for you being the all conquering "speak my mind" commentator sure we will just have to take your word from that and hope you are not a poor mans bully belittling others opinions behind your pretend profile.

For my tuppence worth having worked in pubs for 10 years the woodlands was the worst run pub I ever had the misfortune of having a drink in. A general lack of hospitality experience was the problem and if that was transferred to the tapas bar which I think it was from conversations with friends then the tapas bar was always doomed!

Oh and "newbie". Haha!! You're an entertaining man Darter!! Can I be in your club?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Darter with 90 posts you are hardly Mr. Boards yourself! The tapas bar is gone big deal. Does it state on the charter that all posts must be backed up with facts?

As for you being the all conquering "speak my mind" commentator sure we will just have to take your word from that and hope you are not a poor mans bully belittling others opinions behind your pretend profile.

For my tuppence worth having worked in pubs for 10 years the woodlands was the worst run pub I ever had the misfortune of having a drink in. A general lack of hospitality experience was the problem and if that was transferred to the tapas bar which I think it was from conversations with friends then the tapas bar was always doomed!
    i completly agree.

they were both crap...
    PS darter has 5 posts now!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Why do all threads have to end in such a mess. :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement