Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Departure Day RTE program

Options
  • 12-01-2011 2:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Having heard some stuff about this program on the radio yesterday I watched it on the RTE player last night.
    While anybody being forced to emigrate is sad, I'm not sure if the people participating were great examples. In fact I'm sure a lot of people were jealous of the lifestyle of the publicans son - he lives in luxury in his parents new home, picks up dole of €166 pw + as he admitted shifts in the pub/other work bringing his income to €300pw, spendings his time hunting and playing GAA. He was heading to Aus for a year, no different to thousands of other Irish over the 10/15 years - whats the problem?

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'm not really sure what it is you want to discuss, but the Help Desk is only for posters experiencing problems with the site or for querying moderator decisions. Other posters can't reply to you here. Maybe if you post over on the Abroad forum someone may be able to help you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Fota

Apologies Zaph - I'm new at this, meant to post this thread under arts/tv and cant figure out how to move it.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

You can't actually move a thread, it must be done by a mod. You can find the tv forum here, and you can just start a new thread there.

Advertisement