Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who pays for the mayors new car?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

^ No bodder boi,the best thing about blow in's,is the will blow out eventually :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 chepejohn

^ No bodder boi,the best thing about blow in's,is the will blow out eventually :)

off topic .. Richard

chepejohn wrote: »
    off topic .. Richard

It's actually Richie,but i don't see why this thread should be closed,its only about a car at the end of the day :)

It's actually Richie,but i don't see why this thread should be closed,its only about a car at the end of the day :)

because its nothing about nothing

^Before I was easily sucked in,but now all I will say is "true that".

• Advertisement

BOL to all that Richie, im riverside since 1992

^ And what has that got to do with me?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Odd posts lately in here.

Anyway, when I suggested the mayor refuse the car I was not saying she be dumped with a terrible banger of a car. I also don't believe the type of car you drive will take any part of the factor in a business deal. We either have it, or we don't and its up to those who are selling it do it well. Driving around in new flash cars isn't going to win it.

I was merely suggesting that it might be better if we didn't get a new car *every year*. I'm sure they are in good enough condition after a year. I wasn't suggesting she be given a ford fiesta or some car worth scrapping. :)

matbe even a Horse would that keep people happy ..Iim sorry but i dont see the point in this :D,,

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

chepejohn wrote: »
    matbe even a Horse would that keep people happy ..Iim sorry but i dont see the point in this :D,,

Then don't post or look in the thread?

• Advertisement

Just wondering about the car,when its sold next year is there a higher price on it because of the plate?

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

Just wondering about the car,when its sold next year is there a higher price on it because of the plate?

If the mayor was a stunning Blonde maybe there would be a rush to buy her car but although she is blonde stunning wouldn't come to mind :)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭DjBryn

is that fairfun?;)

anyway my problem with the mayoral car is the recent green party initative to make people driving commercial motors pay extra tax if they are using their van or crewcab to pick up the kids from school or doing the weekly shop....

i know shes not driving a commercial but often seen her out tesco with the 11 passat in tow, as we're paying for it should she be allowed use it for "private use" or just council business...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

DjBryn wrote: »
    is that fairfun?;)

anyway my problem with the mayoral car is the recent green party initative to make people driving commercial motors pay extra tax if they are using their van or crewcab to pick up the kids from school or doing the weekly shop....

i know shes not driving a commercial but often seen her out tesco with the 11 passat in tow, as we're paying for it should she be allowed use it for "private use" or just council business...........

If I was mayor and I had a family... Would I attend the 1pm function in the car, drive home, change to my car, collect the kids from school, drop them off at the babysitter, drive home, change car, drive to the 3pm function...?

Madness.

Id do it in the mayoral car. Id claim milage for the official business, and not the school run, and at the end of the week I'd figure out what part of the petrol bill was mine and what wasnt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭wfman

Sully wrote: »
    Odd posts lately in here.

Anyway, when I suggested the mayor refuse the car I was not saying she be dumped with a terrible banger of a car. I also don't believe the type of car you drive will take any part of the factor in a business deal. We either have it, or we don't and its up to those who are selling it do it well. Driving around in new flash cars isn't going to win it.

I was merely suggesting that it might be better if we didn't get a new car *every year*. I'm sure they are in good enough condition after a year. I wasn't suggesting she be given a ford fiesta or some car worth scrapping. :)
    Tom murphy would lose too much by giving them a car for say 5 years at a time.By changing it every 12 months he sells it on as a used car still under warranty and probably breaking even on the car.He also gets the advertising handing over the keys every january.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭wfman

The mayor of dublin gets a house and a car for the year.

wfman wrote: »
    The mayor of dublin gets a house and a car for the year.

I think the mayor of Dublins job is a lot different to the mayor of Waterford, to be fair!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

List of cars That the mayor of Waterford drove in the past...
    (Some years are missing, due to no information on the actual car)

1977:
    Ford Granada (1977)
    1981:
    Ford Fiesta (1981 version)
    1982:
    Renault R4 (1982)
    1983: Vauxhall Cavalier (1983)
    1986: Ford Sierra (1986)
    1987:
    Toyota Starlet 1.0 (1987)
    1988: Opel Ascona GL 1.6 (1988)
    1989: Renault 21 Master (1989)
    1990: Toyota Carina 1.6 (1990)
    1991: Opel Vectra 1.6 GL (1991)
    1992:
    Honda Civic 1.5 LSi (1992)
    1994: Toyota Carina E 2.0D XL (1994)
    1998:
    Audi A4 1.6E (1998)
    2000:
    Volkswagen Passat 1.6 (2000)
    2001:
    Volkswagen Passat SAL 1.6 (2001)

2002:
    Volkswagen Passat SAL 1.6 (2002)

2003:
    Volkswagen Passat SAL 1.6 (2003)

2004:
    Saab 9-3 2.2 TID ARC 4DR (2004)

2005: Audi A4 1.9tdi 115BHP 5SP 4DR (2005)
    2006:
    Audi A4 1.9tdi 115BHP 5SP 4DR (2006)

2007:
    Audi A6 2.0tdi 140BHP 6 Speed (2007)

2008:
    Audi A6 2.0tdi 140BHP 6SP 4DR (2008
    )
    2009:
    Audi A4 2.0 TDI 120 4DR (2009)

^ Do you remember all these?,if not can you provide a link to where you got the info from please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

prob from here\

just enter (year) W 1

• Advertisement

Typhoon. wrote: »
    prob from here\

just enter (year) W 1

Yeah but didn't the mayor just get the #1 plate a few years ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,234 ✭✭✭sdanseo

who pays for the petrol/diesel ?:confused:

Have we REALLY got to the stage of public unrest where we complain about the cost of fuelling ONE state car (which isn't even a 4.0L anything).

There is such a thing as government over-expenditure, but moaning about €100 a week on petrol will get nobody anywhere and is a petty, silly waste of all our time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

prob from here\

just enter (year) W 1

But Year W Number was only introduced in 1987.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

sdonn wrote: »
    Have we REALLY got to the stage of public unrest where we complain about the cost of fuelling ONE state car (which isn't even a 4.0L anything).

There is such a thing as government over-expenditure, but moaning about €100 a week on petrol will get nobody anywhere and is a petty, silly waste of all our time.

to be honest I dont care what car the mayor drives ... I'm glad its donated by a local business and the tax payer isnt payng for it... its cheaper than being ferried around in a limo or state car... good luck to em.... a perk of the job

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

THE END

Advertisement