Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plastering Rates

Options
  • 12-01-2011 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

New Build.. What would be fair current rates (labour only) for internal plastering...

To Blockwork (Approx 530m2) - Rate/m2?

To Plasterboard Ceilings (Approx 320m2) - Rate/m2?

Bonding to Plasterboard - Rate/m2? (Is there any need for bonding to plasterboard?)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,817 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Skimmers will now plaster for €4 a sq metre.
    Slabbing ceilings approx €2.50-€3 a sq metre.
    No need to bond plasterboard walls....they should be relatively staright and plumb so no need to bond them out to smooth them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 318 ✭✭brendankelly

Yea. You can get blocks laid at 50 cense and MF ceilings for 2 E a meter but none of these people can speak English. If you pay peanuts you know what you will get.

I pay 12 Euros a meter for skimming

• Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

brendankelly, either you have read the forum charter and don't understand it or you are ignoring it, either way you can not abuse other posters like that. I am banning you for a month. If you decide to come back and act like that again your ban will be permanent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

He must be a Plasterer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Hootanany wrote: »
    He must be a Plasterer

He could also be a quality tradesman who believes in getting what he pays for.

I have full respect for MFceailing(as he knows) and find that insult unfounded and uncalled for, but do not agree getting the cheapest price, as it is often a disappointment. I have seen good builds go horribly wrong due to the cheapest plasterers . Costing "someone" twice the price to attempt to fix.

Use the Web . Ask your builder and so on. There is lots of quality tax regged fully insured plastering company's out there worth paying a little more for.

If you need a few recommendations, PM me

• Advertisement

Hootanany wrote: »
    He must be a Plasterer
    gsxr1 wrote: »
    He could also be a quality tradesman who believes in getting what he pays for.

I have left many many hundreds of jobs out to tender at this stage in my career. Generally speaking I will know what the tenders should be coming back at for the different trades. If I find figures too low or too high they are immediately discounted as I am not in this profession to play games, massage egos or make up company losses for any trades. My job is primarily to protect my client and to get the best possible results for the money paid.

A lot of people say, you pay peanuts you get monkeys. I say get a professional in to look after things for you, they will save you the balance over and over. If you are not used to tendering works get a good local AT in, they will save you money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

I have left many many hundreds of jobs out to tender at this stage in my career. Generally speaking I will know what the tenders should be coming back at for the different trades. If I find figures too low or too high they are immediately discounted as I am not in this profession to play games, massage egos or make up company losses for any trades. My job is primarily to protect my client and to get the best possible results for the money paid.

A lot of people say, you pay peanuts you get monkeys. I say get a professional in to look after things for you, they will save you the balance over and over. If you are not used to tendering works get a good local AT in, they will save you money.

I agree with you in part. But your local AT may only use the small list of guys . I know you maybe disagree with this but have seen the same AT use the exact same guys on every occasion . For years. These guys may well be good and trusted . But may not be the best option for the client.
    The client should also get out there and get into the game.

Yeah I've seen that too, all I can say is that if an AT gets that stale that s/he is acting like a contractor themselves, using the same trades the whole time, they may as well retire. That was the reason for my comment about making up company losses for trades in the post above.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭peterc14

Thanks for all the replies... but does anyone else know what is current fair rates...

To Plasterboard... just skim

To Block... scratch & skim

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭4400kevin

8 euro for sand cement and skim and 3.50 to skim per m2 labour only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭bigmanhole

4400 kevin is bang on.

S&F skim is 7.50-8.00/m2 market rate dublin
    S&F sand\cement\skim is 17.50-19.00/m2 market rate dublin

Labour only on the skim about 4
    Labour only on the sand cement skim to blocks about 9

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭SC024

brendankelly, either you have read the forum charter and don't understand it or you are ignoring it, either way you can not abuse other posters like that. I am banning you for a month. If you decide to come back and act like that again your ban will be permanent.

A Bit harsh isn't it, I'd hardly call that abusing another poster a bit OTT I think anyone else agree?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,039 ✭✭✭✭muffler

SC024 wrote: »
    A Bit harsh isn't it, I'd hardly call that abusing another poster a bit OTT I think anyone else agree?
    Do not derail this or any thread by publicly questioning a mod's decision. There is a PM facility for that.

Warning given.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭SC024

muffler wrote: »
    Do not derail this or any thread by publicly questioning a mod's decision. There is a PM facility for that.

Warning given.

hmmm Interesting:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 46,039 ✭✭✭✭muffler

2 week ban applied.

Now then, where were we?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Withdraw Sir Withdraw. :mad: Oops, too late :eek:

peterc14 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the replies... but does anyone else know what is current fair rates...

To Plasterboard... just skim

To Block... scratch & skim
    For the latter it should read: scud, float and skim.
    Skim only €5 M2
    Scud, float and skim €12 M2

Beading, EML, dubbing out etc are extras.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭Casati

Do plasterers measure through the ope's when working out sq metre or should you exclude doors/ windows etc when working out sq m?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭peterc14

I think as long as you tell them if you have included windows or not in the quantity it does not really matter... if you exclude window areas, they have to price for reveals, bead etc... if you include window areas then they are covered partly/all for the reveals and beading...

Any opening where there is a return/soffit to be plastered is measured seperately. As are any boxing-ins, small areas, columns and beams.

• Advertisement
Advertisement