Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Website image & logos-opinion wanted please

• 12-01-2011 3:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm doing some final changes to my new website, just want some opinions please. ( I know this could go in web design/programming forum but would like some opinions from photogrpahers)
    Currently this is the about page:

5348580813_7d3c85cf96_z.jpg

Below is a mock-up (very early rough prototype) of a differnet version, I'm wondering if the image works better or if it's 'too much'?

5348580925_0c845c9e0a_z.jpg

Currently I just have a very quickly & simple logo (see above image 'Patrick Dinneen photoblog').
    Below are two very similar logo mockups, just want opinion on them please. I like the idea but think they might be too harsh/in contrast to the rest of the page.

5349190040_f71d7ec8c1_z.jpg

5348580665_1e3998a1f4.jpg

Thanks in advance,
    Pa.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

my favourite page is the very top one. any of the film based logos look very dated in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Trigger76

Top one for me, clean and simple sometimes works best .... where possible use bullets, text heavy landing pages hurt peoples brain balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭Scamp-

The first one, it's lovely and clean and nice on the eye.

The film-yokey doesn't do it for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

First one. Nice and clean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I like sites to grab me as much with images as much as content. Clean might look alright, but will surfers stop and read? I think a mix of the first and third would work nicely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

first one for me please bob. i didn't read what the text was cause when i flick through photoblogs i glaze over at big bodies of text. do people really need to know that much detail about you? edit edit edit. just my €0.02. :)

edit: just read some of the text in #1. depends on what your target audience is i suppose but i'd not bother reading that if i found it on a photoblog. all i ever want to see on an about page is where are they based, what motivates them/what current projects they're working on, and is the work for sale, and if so how do i contact them. anything else is unnecessary to my enjoyment of the photography... that's just me though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

I like the third one, but agree the film logo looks dated, I think good font selection is all that is needed to go along side your photos. Font squirrel have a good selection.

Pentax K-X here too, wooo. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

the first 2 for me

I would not worry about the whole film thing looking dated its a photo blog and the film graphic leaves you in no doubt about it.

I do like the picture. in the 4th though :o

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Chris Dowling

Top one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Number 3 for me, but with a more subtle logo on the top left.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Bubblegums

No 3 - I agree with Condra - have the top left hand logo of No1 but with layout/pic No3 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

While I like number 3 I think that the first would be the most clean professional one.

Advertisement