Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shoes wrong size

Options
  • 12-01-2011 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I bought a pair of runners last week in my size. I tried them on in the shop and they seemed fine.

I wore them for one day and by the end of it my feet were in agony. They seemed to cause my feet to be pushed outwards and for my toes to be pressed down. They hurt like this for a few days after reverting back to my old shoe.

I took the shoes back to the shop and they are currently being inspected by the head office for defects. I've been told that unless there is a defect they wont do anything for me because I wore them outside for a day.

I'm pretty sure they wont find anything wrong with them but the shoes are clearly not the size that is stated on the label and are clearly not designed to be worn by someone with my shape foot. They're are a good expensive brand of runner and I've never had trouble with shoes before.

They're going to call me in a few days to let me know the verdict and I wanted to know where I stand if they tell me they can't find anything wrong with them.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Harry.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

To be honest I believe this would come under a change of mind and as such the shop would not have to give you a refund. As you had the chance to try the shoes on in the shop this allowed you the chance to see if they were suitable.

Unless the shoes are somehow faulty (and you can prove this), it would be upto you to prove that they are somehow the wrong size especially if the shop says they are not.

If you foot is somehow shaped differently to a normal sized foot for that size then I'm afraid thats really not upto the shop unless of course you outlined it at the time of buying the shoe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

You have Biggerfootitus :D

Feet increase / decrease in size through the day. After a long day you feet will be slightly swollen and this is the best time to buy new shoes.

Early in the morning or where the feet are relaxed or just out of an air conditioned room / car is worst time as the feet are at their smallest.

It is possible to stretch many shoes including sports shoes - your local shoe repair shop will look after this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭chappy

Unless the shoes are faulty the manufacturer will not credit them. As the shoes have been worn they cannot resell them as new. Therefore, you have no recourse for this.Sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 harryboo

Thanks chaps.

Unfortunately it's hard to tell what the long term effects of a shoe on your foot is going to be when walking between the chair and the mirror in the shop for a couple of minutes.

I guess I'll have to get them altered.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Unless there's actually a defect, I don't think you have any recourse, as you did get a chance to try the shoes on in the shop.

As a tip, with runners, you should always go to a store where they will help you get the right style shoe for your foot (i.e. correct for pronation etc).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 harryboo

Yeah. tried them on in the shop and they seemed to fit ok. It wasn't until I had been wearing them for a few hours that my feet started aching. It was a gradual thing.

Advertisement