Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where the feck is 0076212350?

Options
  • 12-01-2011 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭

I got a missed call from this number, 0076212350, and i can't figure out where it's from!

anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Dominican Republic.

If you don't know who it could be, ignore it. There are scams where you get a missed call and you call it back and it plays a fake ringing tone while you're paying Mahoosive premium rates to be connected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

NothingMan wrote: »
    Dominican Republic.

If you don't know who it could be, ignore it. There are scams where you get a missed call and you call it back and it plays a fake ringing tone while you're paying Mahoosive premium rates to be connected.
    nice!

but Dominican Republic? you sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

nice!

but Dominican Republic? you sure?

No, just googled 0076 Country Code and I saw that, I didn't check the link.

NothingMan wrote: »
    No, just googled 0076 Country Code and I saw that, I didn't check the link.
    cool. i did a fair bit o' googling myself, got everything from east asia to south america..

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

Gooooood Afternun Sir;
    Congratulations you have won 2 million dolla's in the Random Lottery
    If you could just give me you bank account no. and sort code..............:P

• Advertisement

MIRMIR82 wrote: »
    Gooooood Afternun Sir;
    Congratulations you have won 2 million dolla's in the Random Lottery
    If you could just give me you bank account no. and sort code..............:P
    WOOHOO! i knew my day would come! :D

please send me email address and i will arrange to send you all my bank log in details so you can take care of all the paperwork for me! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Upstream

It looks like an Irish non geographic number (eg Skype, VOIP, etc). The 076 code is followed by a 7 digit subscriber number. We use this in work.

Although you say the number was 0076 212350, so it's not an exact match, so hopefully they'll just ring back and solve the mystery :)

Edit or maybe Russia, they have numbers in the range 0070 to 0079
    http://www.coolhay.com/phone_directory/international_dilingcode.asp

Upstream wrote: »
    It looks like an Irish non geographic number (eg Skype, VOIP, etc). The 076 code is followed by a 7 digit subscriber number. We use this in work.

Although you say the number was 0076 212350, so it's not an exact match, so hopefully they'll just ring back and solve the mystery :)

Edit or maybe Russia, they have numbers in the range 0070 to 0079
    http://www.coolhay.com/phone_directory/international_dilingcode.asp
    Russia! the sneaky bastards!

good effort on the skype. close alright!

now to find wherein russia..

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

The mystery still is... HOW DID THEY GET YOUR NUMBER?! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Dublin Chick

Ok this is totally unrelated to your subject but I need to ask a question and you may be able to help. I am looking to set up a thread on boards and it won't let me? So not everybody can start a discussion???

• Advertisement

LukeS_ wrote: »
    The mystery still is... HOW DID THEY GET YOUR NUMBER?! :)

@ Dublin Chick, just hit the newthread.gif button at the top left of the forum you want to create a thread in!

[edit] also: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=98

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Ok this is totally unrelated to your subject but I need to ask a question and you may be able to help. I am looking to set up a thread on boards and it won't let me? So not everybody can start a discussion???

I'm sure you can? I have (not received any answers yet though :p)and I only have 10 posts! Maybe it's just certain sections you can't?

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scary

I think its UPC, do you have UPC, op? had a missed call with a number like that rang it back and was UPC.

actually, the number is almost identical to a london number of a business contact. But i don't recll giving that fecker my mobile, plus, it should've shown up as an international number..

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

(00) 7 is Kazakhstan.

http://countrycode.org/kazakhstan

Hiiii Fiiiiiive!!

images?q=tbn:7LBkLkXI3W8ROM:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Dublin Chick

I just got a call from a number 0766 231003 and it was Bank of Ireland in Bray, I think alot of places are using VOIP phones now.

(00) 7 is Kazakhstan.

http://countrycode.org/kazakhstan

Hiiii Fiiiiiive!!

images?q=tbn:7LBkLkXI3W8ROM:
    I Liiike!
    I just got a call from a number 0766 231003 and it was Bank of Ireland in Bray, I think alot of places are using VOIP phones now.
    yeah, number i got was 0076*, not 076*. Skyps VoIP numbers are 076*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 carrigban

I've had 4 missed calls today from +7 (196) 563-45. It only rings 3/4 times.
    Any ideas? +7 seems to be a russian number!
    Afraid to answer incase its a scam but its getting a little annoying.
    Was getting txt messages a few weeks ago in romanian!! Dunno how these people are getting my number!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Shans28

carrigban wrote: »
    I've had 4 missed calls today from +7 (196) 563-45. It only rings 3/4 times.
    Any ideas? +7 seems to be a russian number!
    Afraid to answer incase its a scam but its getting a little annoying.
    Was getting txt messages a few weeks ago in romanian!! Dunno how these people are getting my number!! :eek:

Hi,

I have been getting calls from the above number today on my mobile. First time I missed the call and 2nd time I didnt answer because my immediate thought was that it was a scam. I searched the number on google and this came up. I was just wondering if anyone else has got calls from this number and does anyone know what it's about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

You occasionally get errors in how your local exchange displays numbers from VoIP. It could be (076) xxx xxxx (Irish VoIP). It's also possible that it's a number from some other country that is not being displayed correctly.

For example, we occasionally get the odd UK call that will come through like 020xxxxxxxx instead of 004420xxxxxxxxx. It's like the call skipped the international gateway exchange so didn't get displayed correctly.

I know, certainly with UK-Ireland calls, because there are so many interconnections between BT and eircom, the calls don't necessarily route through the usual international channels and may end up coming in / going out as if they were generated by a local eircom or BT exchange. That can result in Cork numbers displaying as 021 XXX XXXX in the UK and London numbers popping up as 020 XXX XXXXX in Cork :)

I've also had Paris numbers display as 01XXXXXXXX instead of 0033 .....
    Same with US numbers on occasion.

Often calls coming from Indian and other foreign telemarketing operations just display fake or totally erroneous numbers too. They're not accurate. The local exchange can only display whatever info it has been sent and if it's an unregulated VoIP service somewhere abroad, that information can be fake / inaccurate.

• Advertisement
Advertisement