Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

piercings + laser hair removal?

Options
  • 12-01-2011 3:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭

quick question here, but does anyone here know of any problems getting piercings would have while getting laser done? like, would either interfere with each other or cause problems?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 kitsuune

As in, if you had a piercer near to the area where you were having laser surgery, then it seems like yes, the laser would be attracted to the metallic object. It makes sense, and I've read about people taking them out, or putting bioplast in, or apparently some practitioners will let you cover it with a cloth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Just take it out for the lasering no? Any potential situation is resolved then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

ok, but like if I was to get pierced in between treatments, which are every month give or take, would it give the piercing enough time to heal so I could take it out, or could the piercing be further irritated by the laser if it was still healing?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

No, you'd really want to wait 6-8 weeks before taking it out even temporarily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

ok, thanks guys ;)

I guess I'll have to wait until I'm finished or taking a break from the laser treatment before getting a piercing. could get something else pierced in the mean time :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Instead of having a lip ring in during laser, see if they will stick a bar in and cover it over when getting laser. Either that or cover what you have links. May work.

Advertisement