Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cruciate injury rehab

Options
  • 12-01-2011 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

I'm aware of the restrictions of this forum regarding the discussion of injuries so firstly I will state that I am seeing a professional and have been diagnosed!

Ive ruptured my ACL and MCL and there's also meniscus damage. This happened about 7 weeks. I've got my next app with the orthopaedic surgeon next week for assessment. It hasnt yet been decided whether to have surgery or not.
    Id like to hear of other peoples experience of this injury and their rehab. C'mon I'm bored, been off work since...
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭SanoVitae

You'll find some useful information at http://www.kneeguru.co.uk

In the Forum Archives, people talk about their recoveries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Alex M

had a full tear in acl in right leg at 20yo and strange as it sounds id love to go back and do it again , properly this time.
    prehab is the key - you should make sure that muscle's in the injured leg are stronger going into the operation than ever before. recovery is hard. but if you let it get the better of you or put in the min. reqd effort you will be chasing your tail for years to come - then you'll wish you could do it all again.

Advertisement