Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Copa Del Rey Quarter Finals

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Sid Lowe reckons that 3rd goal might be fatal:
    Atleti might just have had a chance in second leg but think that final goal killed them off. about 10 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

gimmick wrote: »
    Cheating and corruption wins the day again it seems.

I cannot watch that shower anymore. The amount of decisions they get and not get against them absolutely sickens me to the pit of my stomach.

I will watch them get beat at least twice more this seaosn by Barca though.

Di Maria is worse than Ronaldo, i can't stand to watch him. Early in the game yesterday he got a nudge in the back, ok fair enough free kick, put he goes flying to the ground and then starts kicking both of his legs towards the other player. Then he got booked in the 2nd half for a terrible dive, nobody near him at all, iirc he got booked at the weekend for diving too. I know some Barca players go down easy etc. but Di Maria does more diving and trying to get players booked than the whole Barca team combined :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

I cannot watch that shower anymore. The amount of decisions they get and not get against them absolutely sickens me to the pit of my stomach.

:pac:
    tinfoil-hat.jpg

Or, maybe Real deserved to win, because they have a good team that's capable of winning games.

tumblr_layo9dlgVd1qd6ycbo1_400.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Thankfully I'm not the only one then. I only saw the second half, but I avoid watching Real anymore. They're nice to watch when they're 8-0 up against Levante. But when they need a result...Di Maria was at it in the Villarreal game too. He got Bruno booked for nothing when Bruno won the ball.

The tackles Alonso, Ramos and Ronaldo got away with last night were poor. Disappointed in Alonso, then he complains at the end when Aguero gives it back to him after Aguero had been kicked off the pitch and had missiles thrown at him from the crowd. Poisonous.

At 2-1, Forlan springs the offside trap, Aguero getting to the box, Alonso wraps his arm around and pulls him back in front of the referee...nothing given, not even a free. Aguero cut in half from behind by Ramos in front of the referee, not even a free-kick. Ronaldo jumps in on Ujfalusi to stop him breaking away, catching his studs on his ankle, yellow. Ronaldo kicks the ball off Perea's head a yard away, they claim for handball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

And surprise surprise it's only the United fans that are oblivious to this blatant bias from referees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Di Maria is a diving so and so no doubt about it.

I know that 3 of his yellow cards have been awarded for diving this season.

He could have more for diving but they are 3 that I am certain of - 7 overall it seems.

Madrid have had 8 penalties awarded this season thus far which is the most of any Spanish team.

Next closest is Gijon on 5.

Barca have 2 so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭Sr. Pirotecnic

carlop wrote: »
    Atleti have to be the most suicidal team there is. They go to the Bernabeu, put in a good peformance and then throw it away as ever.

Good atmosphere where I was, I was right next to the away support and I was supporting Atleti. Good fans, all thought they disgraced themselves during the minutes silence. Some ex-Madrid player called Juanito died this week in a car crash (from what I could gather, so I may be wrong), throughout the minutes silence the Atleti fans were chanting 'Juanito died, sucking cock.'

The minutes silence was for actor Juanito Navarro who died this week aged 86. he was a big star back in the day apparently and was a Madrid fan, a proper one though, socio number 36!! ran for president (of RM) a few times.

There is a Juanito who was a Real madrid legend who died in a car crash in 1992 which I suppose is who the atletico fans were singing about. Madrid fans have a minutes silence in the 7th minute of every game in his honour (he wore the 7 shirt). might be hard to notice when they are being deliberately quiet in the Bernabeu but I have definitely seen this happen at away games.

speaking of minutes silences there was one at the LUD-RM game the other week in honour of Florentino Perez's mother in law, which with all due respect is taking the piss.

Sevilla easily beat Villareal 3-0 last night to win the tie 6-3 on aggregate

2nd Leg matches

Sevilla 3 - 0 Villareal (6-3)
    Deportivo vs Almeria (0-1) Tonight, Sky Sports 1, 7pm
    Real Betis vs Barcelona (0-5) Tonight, Sky Sports 1, 9pm
    Atletico Madrid vs Reall Madrid (1-3) Thursday, Sky Sports 2, 9pm

No Puyol or Alves in the squad due to precaution and injury.

Bartra has been included - hope he gets a run out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Thought Alves was out for 2 weeks regardless following his tweak the other night?

• Advertisement

Thought Alves was out for 2 weeks regardless following his tweak the other night?

Yeah, 10/15 days. He is the injured one and Puyol the precaution.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Strange lackadaisical feel to the game...I've grown up with Betis away being one of the tough, never-going-to-be-able-to-relax games..

MOG7 wrote: »
    Sevilla easily beat Villareal 3-0 last night to win the tie 6-3 on aggregate

Great to see Sergio Sánchez return to football last night.

Just goes to show that there is hope after Rubén de la Red.

Barca lineup:
    Pinto, Adriano, Pique, Milito, Maxwell, Xavi, Mascherano, Keita, Afellay, Bojan, Messi

Looks like Pep has kept his word and fielded the strong side he said he would earlier in the week.

Cant say I am happy to see Messi feature - first start for Affelay.

Betis will make a special tribute for Xavi, Messi and Iniesta "the best players of the World" tonight.

A very kind hearted gesture which deserves an honourable mention.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭dagdha

Hopefully Afellay gets a start. He made some nice passes in the 10 minutes he played at the weekend even though he looked like he did'nt really know what he was suppose to be doing which is understandable. Another few games and I'm sure he will gel into the squad nicely.

Thats a very strong looking team even with 8 non regulars starting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

0-0 @ 31/1 on betfair for me. Barca will not give a stuff about this.

haha........

comeback of the century underway.

1-0 Betis, oh well, 2 quid gone.

• Advertisement

That was a shocker from Pinto.

Was that onside?

Pique to score anytime 6-1.

I can possibly see Afellay getting a goal.

Jesus

this is getting interesting

2 - 0

Defending was woeful

2-0. lovely goal.

Very nice goal, definatley makes the game more interesting now.

• Advertisement

How was he allowed to run that far before putting the ball through to the striker without being challenged?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,684 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Go wan betis

There isn't a hope Barca will lose this, I can see Barca getting at least 2 goals now, that means Betis need to score 8 to win.

Betis have joined an elite club - along with Hercules now the only side to breach the Barca defence more than once this season.

Sevilla also if you count the Super Copa.

Molina should have scored a hat trick after 15 minutes.

Has a player ever scored a hat trick after 15 minutes against Barcelona, ever? :P Barca defence has been a shambles tonight.

• Advertisement

Barca defence has been a shambles tonight.

Aye, without Puyol there is always a lack of organisation and leadership in the defence. Some people dont have a notion just how important he actually is.

Not a bad effort from Affelay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Milito is really backing up his first team football demands thus far :rolleyes:

Afellay looking bright. The rest are fast asleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

how is it going so far?wont get to see it? barca looking likely to come back?

Betis are doing something that I think more teams should try. Barca play such a high defensive line and pressing game, that they are exposed to a quick counter attack. More teams should try to expose it, because it's damn near the only weakness of the Barca game that I can see.

flas wrote: »
    how is it going so far?wont get to see it? barca looking likely to come back?

Not really, Betis could have had an other if anything, Barca have not started the game yet, we don't see this kind of performance from them too often.

MOG7 wrote: »
    Not really, Betis could have had an other if anything, Barca have not started the game yet, we don't see this kind of performance from them too often.

That is probably because you dont see them without Valdes, Alves, Puyol, Abidal, Iniesta, Busquets, Pedro nor Villa too often.

Betis are no slouches - they are top of la segunda for a reason.

They showed last week that they were well capable of causing problems.

Totally deserve their two goal lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

is it a case of when barca wake up they could start banging them in or IF they wake up!?hope they come out and blow them away in 2nd half!

Counter attack, counter attack, counter attack, that is the way to beat Barca. Betis getting the chances here but losing the composure they showed earlier on.

God

2 - 1

Great goal!

• Advertisement

Ah well, all over now. Messi out of nothing.

Messi to the rescue again.

LoL at Adraino getting a bollocking from Pep whilst the others were celebrating.

He hasnt looked the may west tonight in fairness.

I was just about to say that Messi had'nt many touches so far and then Bang!

Ridiculously sloppy from Barcelona, although I doubt they really care as Betis need 5 goals.

dagdha wrote: »
    I was just about to say that Messi had'nt many touches so far and then Bang!

Aye, noticed that myself - he has barely touched the ball.

Probably indicative of how they are playing.

LoL @ Milito header

Big mix up with him and Pinto

Wonder did he call for it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

That keeper is dirt.

Collect your p45 on the way out Milito.

• Advertisement

Pinto is a cowboy and is liable to do anything, Millito is'nt helping things either. There's going to be some furniture moving around the Barca dressing room at half time.

Advertisement