Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Copa Del Rey Quarter Finals

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Messi playing this match is a complete joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

hopefully it will wake them up to feck! need barca to win for an accum to come in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Ah, Pinto won a Zamora is fairness.

Dont get one of those for being crap.

flas wrote: »
    hopefully it will wake them up to feck! need barca to win for an accum to come in!
    I think you're fecked, mate. Barca players don't give a shít and the Betis lads are up for this.

I wouldnt hold out much hope for that in fairness the way things are going :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭dagdha

He's just a bit erratic and you don't know what you are going to get from him, he can pull off great saves and 2 minutes later he could try something mad like trying to dribble a ball past an attacker and lose it.

Good man Paco - just backed me up on Puyol absence ;)

Out of all the teams to bank on on an accumulator to come in, Usually you would be golden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

I never realised how annoying that presenter for the spanish league games is. He's bordering on Andy Gray levels at this point.

Ossie is great though, its like he's after a dose of speed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

And someone said last week he thought Milito was a better option that King Carles. Must say though, I have never seen him as bad. At fault for all 3 goals. Ill be surprised if he comes out for the 2nd half.

• Advertisement

That little mix up between Xavi and Messi sums up Barca tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

What a miss from Messi

Harsh peno on Betis....Justice

Is Messi only playing because Ronaldo is playing all Real's cup matches and wants to be top scorer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,684 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

John terry would of been proud of that miss. Justice was done anyway

Barca are playing so narrow, there is nothing coming down the left. Keita and Bojan are at nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

No masturbating in the commentary box or studio tonight.

Bojan seems to be going backwards in his developement, he is like a dear caught in headlights when he gets the ball or he just puts his head down and runs.

No masturbating in the commentary box or studio tonight.
    I reckon that lad Messi wouldn't be up to much on a wet night against Stoke at the Britannia :P

Should be 4-1, off the post Betis.

• Advertisement

Barca go defensive, lol.

Poor aul Messi losing his footing then the chunk of turf coming up.

Somewhat reminiscent of Beckham several years back.

Was a harsh peno to be given in the first place.

Mascherano is just a waste of time in this Barca team.

Mascherano is just a waste of time in this Barca team.

Aye, the more I watch him the more I come to the conclusion that he just aint a Barca player.

He is all about brute force - hence why he flourished in the epl but fails in la liga - a league where technicality trumps physicality.

Biggest difference between him and Busquets is that Bus has the technical ability, one touch play and knows what to do with the ball.

Well worth their victory.

Almeria in the semi-final.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I only saw the end of the first half and second half, but that's how I remember Barcelona at Betis...

Mascherano played well I thought. Several notches above Maxwell, Milito, Adriano and especially Bojan. Afellay was decent and Jeffren was very good when he came on I thought. As was Abidal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Almerica could be difficult for Barca, especially if they happen to get a goal early on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Suppose it's hardly even worth reporting, but Ronaldo scored just the once. Atletico 0-1 Real, 23min.

Ronaldo!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Suppose it's hardly even worth reporting, but Ronaldo scored just the once. Atletico 0-1 Real, 23min.

how ye can only dream of him now park:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Was that a Messi chant i heard from the Atletico fans? They were jeering him getting stretchered off the last time he was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

BERBA wrote: »
    how ye can only dream of him now park:p

Foiled again, BERBA. No need to dream, cos I am actually watching him play right now.

Superb back pass from Ronaldo, crap attempt from Di Maria.

I don't like Di Maria, I wish Benzema was on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

all this diving and trying to get people yellow and red carded is really frustating to watch. Players in spain have no pain threshold at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,953 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Forlan is useless tonight

• Advertisement

all this diving and trying to get people yellow and red carded is really frustating to watch. Players in spain have no pain threshold at all.

They dive cos they know they can get away with it, and possibly get the other player booked. I say if they were in England they'd soon cop on, especially if they get punished. In Spain Torres was notorious for going down in the box.

From tonight, Kaká was good. Played a fine through ball for Marcelo and linked up great with Ozil then almost assisted Ronaldo. He is coming back!

Advertisement