Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large Animal Vets

Options
  • 12-01-2011 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi i'm a veterinary nursing student and have to do some work experience in a large animal vet practice. Can anyone reccommend any places they think would be good? I live in Dublin so anywhere around meath, wicklow, louth would be great but all suggestions are definately welcome!! Also, if anyone has done any work experience in certain vets if they'd be able to tell me what the staff are like? etc.. Thanks!! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ali_lee

Hi! I'm a vet student, did work exp in the Dunne and Hasset Large Animal practise based in Enniskerry, Wicklow. Had a pretty good time, the vets are lovely and I got to do a bit of hands on stuff- I'm not experiences with large animals so mostly just blood-taking, injections, restraint etc and then watching the vets do their thing. They do a lot of mare repro work and then the usual TB testing, we saw some calving and lambing cases too. They also feed you pretty well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18 acbs

Thanks a million for your reply! I have my work placement sorted for this year but i'll definately keep them in mind for the future! Thanks! :D

Advertisement