Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powermax Gsm Module

Options
  • 12-01-2011 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Hi all i was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction. I recently installed a gsm module in my powermax complete alarm but I am usure of the setting. It keeps saying line failure, i do not have a landline, the alarm is ringing my phone now every five minutes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi clancyoo7,

If you go into define communications, CS reporting, line fail report. Set it to disable ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭clancyoo7

Hi Altor
    thanks a mill. That settled it.

Your welcome, always happy to help :D

I am having trouble acknowledging the phone call received from the alarm when it calls. When the alarm activates I usually get 3 phone calls with a silence. then i receive 2 text messages with details. Then fourth phone call gives message burglar alarm at address and i can just hit 2 and it stops. where am i going wrong.

Have you got it set up for voice or text ?

• Advertisement

both and is set to [All (-op/cl)

clancyoo7 wrote: »
    both and is set to [All (-op/cl)

It is only voice or text, not both. It should be set up as report alarms.

altor wrote: »
    It is only voice or text, not both. It should be set up as report alarms.

how do i check this setting is it in define comms

how do i check this setting is it in define comms

You can check it in the user menu or define communications.

Changed to just alarms and still the same it is ringing but no message? and continues to ring 3 or four times until alarm message rings

• Advertisement

Changed to just alarms and still the same it is ringing but no message? and continues to ring 3 or four times until alarm message rings

Have you recorded a message ? If you press 6 when it rings your phone it will give you two way voice to the panel. If you press 2 it acknowledges that you have received the call and hangs up.

I have recorded the name of the house. This is the last message i receive and can acknowledge this by pressing 2. I was going through the settings and i had gprs enabled with my gsm no. Would this be the cause of the blank voice calls i am receiving?

I have recorded the name of the house. This is the last message i receive and can acknowledge this by pressing 2. I was going through the settings and i had gprs enabled with my gsm no. Would this be the cause of the blank voice calls i am receiving?

Yes it need to be set on GSM for voice. If you are using the GSM I would rather use the text as you will get more info of alarm activations via the zone number rather than the voice message.

Yes it need to be set on GSM for voice. If you are using the GSM I would rather use the text as you will get more info of alarm activations via the zone number rather than the voice message.

ok so is that done in cs reporting or via the private report section.

ok so is that done in cs reporting or via the private report section.

Not the central station. SMS phone numbers.

ok and will i disable voice Calls

ok and will i disable voice Calls

You wont have the two way voice this way but you will get more info of what has activated on the alarm system. The remote text feature is also handy to have.

You wont have the two way voice this way but you will get more info of what has activated on the alarm system. The remote text feature is also handy to have.

thanks again. I will have to look into that remote text feature.

thanks again. I will have to look into that remote text feature.

Your welcome.

This is explained in the user manual. simply text, away code, to arm. disarm code, to disarm. Just text it to the number of your sim in the GSM. There are more but they are explained in the user manual.

It is on page 19 of the user manual. SMS command list.

• Advertisement

I was working of the instructions for the panel. Will have to climb into the attic for those instructions. Thanks again Aitor much appreciated.

I was working of the instructions for the panel. Will have to climb into the attic for those instructions. Thanks again Aitor much appreciated.

Always happy to help :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Tea Cup

Hey,

I think I'm having a similar problem. My alarm is only set up to send text messages when the alarm goes off but it has stopped doing this. I have checked the system ( as best I can ) and I got a message A/C failure. I have also checked the SMS setting & my number is still saved. Any idea what to do?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Have you topped up your sim recently if it's prepay. Many of them are deactivated if they are not topped up for six months. Regardless of If you have credit on it.
    Ps. In future start a new thread instead of resurrecting a 3 year old one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement