Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kingfisher Gym Waterford Prices

Options
  • 12-01-2011 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi does anyone know annual prices for a membership for one?

The prices are said to have been dropped but does any one know any figures on them of late?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Last time I went in I was told €600 for a year's membership.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Sheebs

I got a student membership for €400 for the year last May.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 ocos

€499 for the year for an adult if you pay in one go.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Sheebs

ocos wrote: »
    €499 for the year for an adult if you pay in one go.

You don't have to pay in one go right away.

I put down a deposit of around €120 and then agreed for a (around) €40 direct debit. This would've ended up costing more than the €400 membership if I had continued this for the entire year.

I started off with a deposit and then paid 3 monthly direct debits and then decided I wanted to pay the rest of the amount to equal €400. So you can make it suit yourself if you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Joined up splashworld.
    1 years membership off peak is only €330.00.

There flexible with the price.
    It includes the pool too.

That's actually a very good price, what's the gym like in there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭savic04

i paid 450 last year for kingfisher but dont think il renew

might try one of the new places around..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Think someone told me that the gym out in the six cross roads was very good and pretty good value, looking in from the outer ring road the equipment looks top notch.

I'm looking for a gym myself but with my dodgy back I'd need a pool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 ironballsmcgee

ziedth wrote: »
    Think someone told me that the gym out in the six cross roads was very good and pretty good value, looking in from the outer ring road the equipment looks top notch.

I'm looking for a gym myself but with my dodgy back I'd need a pool.
    you mean goldstone gym, i'm a member there, the equipment is top of the range and the staff are knowledgeable and more importantly they are helpful. I was a member of kingfisher but i was paying for a pool i never used so this place suits me just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭puppetmaster

Whats GoldStone Gym like? any likes dislikes and what are the prices like?

Richie, Splashworld Gym is grand, Medium sized, Quiet a small free weights area, and the last time i was there the equipment has seen some better days but still fully operational. But i stand to be corrected there they could have refit it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

Whats GoldStone Gym like? any likes dislikes and what are the prices like?

Richie, Splashworld Gym is grand, Medium sized, Quiet a small free weights area, and the last time i was there the equipment has seen some better days but still fully operational. But i stand to be corrected there they could have refit it.
    its getting rediculous out there lately there,s always something broken and the wait for it to be repaired is unreal, the sauna down there now is out of order! they,d wanna pull up there socks or they,ll lose a lot of there members!!! me for one!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

Was looking for a price list for the kingfisher but they dont have any up on their website. They had a big advert in the back of the munster express but again no sign of a price list. Ill be looking to joining a gym in the next couple of months. I think the kingfisher could be the best option because i like Ziedth have a dodgy back and I am looking at doing pilates to help strengthen it up

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭puppetmaster

its getting rediculous out there lately there,s always something broken and the wait for it to be repaired is unreal, the sauna down there now is out of order! they,d wanna pull up there socks or they,ll lose a lot of there members!!! me for one!

Was thinkin ok, its 3 years since i was there , if its the same equipment still it must be in a bad state. Too many decent gyms now in the city For them to have any members if their like that!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

you mean goldstone gym, i'm a member there, the equipment is top of the range and the staff are knowledgeable and more importantly they are helpful. I was a member of kingfisher but i was paying for a pool i never used so this place suits me just fine.

What kinda equip have they? apart from machines, how many benches/olympic bars and is there a powercage/rack?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭francie82

im in da kingfisher in mayo...got a corporate rate......390

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

One of the lads that goes down to Goldstone said they are doing a promotion at the moment where if 3 people join up together it will cost €900. €300 each aint bad at all. Get a couple of heads from here to go down with ya as normally its €450 for the year.

Just passed Goldstone and they have a new banner up offering membership at €399 for 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mysterious&Shy

What kinda equip have they? apart from machines, how many benches/olympic bars and is there a powercage/rack?

My Fiance and I are members there so I asked him there about the above as he does weights etc.... This is his response!

"They have a power rack and 3 free weight bench presses, and they have a really huge selection of free weights - they have 4 or 5 olympic bars"

Hope this helps!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

My Fiance and I are members there so I asked him there about the above as he does weights etc.... This is his response!

"They have a power rack and 3 free weight bench presses, and they have a really huge selection of free weights - they have 4 or 5 olympic bars"

Hope this helps!:D

Thanks for that, i went down and got a look yesterday. It lived up to my expectations. Then it shattered them. Then it danced on the little pieces. Best gym ive seen in waterford, all gyms should be like that. 316 for the year, unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭savic04

they are all good at the start... KIngfisher was good too until half the town signed up and machines started to break etc

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

cococoady wrote: »
    One of the lads that goes down to Goldstone said they are doing a promotion at the moment where if 3 people join up together it will cost €900. €300 each aint bad at all. Get a couple of heads from here to go down with ya as normally its €450 for the year.

If that offer is still running and want to get a few heads together, I'm up for joining them.

• Advertisement

Just passed Goldstone and they have a new banner up offering membership at €399 for 12 months.

Passed again today.
    Another sign on the side of the place.

If you sign up its

€399 for one
    €699 for two
    €949 for three

It would be well worth getting a few others to join up with you if you were doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,768 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I don't know if anybody can tell me. I have 6 months left on my membership but due to circumstances changing i won't be able to go to the gym.

A friend on mine said he could buy the 6 months off me but im fairly sure you can't do that. He is adamant probably because he is looking for it for a cheap price. I said i would ask here even though im fairly certain you can't sell your membership. They take your picture and gym's make their money off people joining and not turning up after awhile.

Advertisement