Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AI Stage 2 stock conversion kit for Tikka?

Options
  • 12-01-2011 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

I have been thinking of restocking my Tikka T3 Tac and read some where that there are conversion kits available for the AICS stocks to have them adapted to fit.

Has anyone done this or come across the kits?

Also looked at the Robertson composites tactical stock but the review I read wasn't glowing so I ruled that out, also aesthetically speaking, it doesn't appeal to me.

Any info would be greatly appreciated! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

Afaik Roedale Precision used to make an AI stock for it but I don't know if they are still available?

Edj on here Edi of PSE Stocks makes lightweight stocks for Remingtons and Tikkas and I think he was considering making a tactical style stock for the T3, reasonable prices too!

Do a search, theres a few threads on the subject!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Tikkat3

Thanks Murph,

I should have done a search first.

Time to do some reading :)

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭zeissman

Have a look at www.mannerstocks.com
    they also do stocks for the T3.
    Their stocks are supposed to be good.

zeissman wrote: »
    Have a look at www.mannerstocks.com
    they also do stocks for the T3.
    Their stocks are supposed to be good.

Thanks Zeissman, will send them an email as every page on the website just has 'coming soon …' on it :D

Nice to see that they products for the Tikka and Sako rifles.

found a bit more info here http://mannersstocks.com/TIKKAT3-SAKOQUAD.html

If you like laminated wood jackson rifles sell the kkc stocks for the T3.
    You can look at them on www.jacksonrifles.com
    the kkc site is www.kkc.no but its not in english.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

I like the KKC stocks, not bad prices either, no listing for heavy barrel though!

murph226 wrote: »
    I like the KKC stocks, not bad prices either, no listing for heavy barrel though!

Jackson rifles have the kkc stock for the tikka varmit.
    They are about 8 places from the bottom of their list of stocks.

zeissman wrote: »
    If you like laminated wood jackson rifles sell the kkc stocks for the T3.
    You can look at them on www.jacksonrifles.com
    the kkc site is www.kkc.no but its not in english.

Those KKC stocks do look pretty good! Never really considered laminate but they look pretty sweet. Thanks for posting! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭dos29

Am I imagining talk a while back that John Green in Southern Rifle and Optics was working on an AICS type stock for Tikka's?
    Or am I losing it entirely? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭dos29

It's ok, I'm not quite losing it yet. :D
    It was said on another forum that he's making conversion kits so that other makes of rifle could fit in a Remmy AICS. Could be worth checking up on anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭dan17

try this place they can inlet a stock for any gun as they say www.staffs-synthetic-stocks.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭session savage

murph226 is right. Roeldale do an accuracy internation imitation.
    It looks slightly different (I'm presumung they had to change it possibly due to copyright??)
    Anyway, I'm getting this as soon as I have the money
    http://www.webshop.roedale.de/product_info.php?info=p438_RCS-II-Stock--Complete--Lefthanded.html

dos29 wrote: »
    It's ok, I'm not quite losing it yet. :D
    It was said on another forum that he's making conversion kits so that other makes of rifle could fit in a Remmy AICS. Could be worth checking up on anyway.

Thanks for that Dos29, much appreciated, going to check that out too.

Emails gone to Staffs-synthetic-stocks and manners, will see what I get back from them. :)

Also like the look of the KKC stock so going to check with Jackson to see if it will suit the tac in .223.

Appreciate all the help and info all, thank you!!

Response received from Manners for those interested:

Well if we inlet for the tikka it has to go in the mcs-t4 or the mcs-t4a if you are running the factory btm metal. If you would like to run the CDI btm metal we can put it in any stock we offer. But we cannot deliver over seas, but if you
    have someone in the states that we can deliver to we can do that. Thanks for your interest in Manners Stocks

Advertisement