Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Changing from JSA to JSB - automatic?

• 12-01-2011 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

I wonder could anyone help me with this query please. I worked from beginning of Sept 2009 to end of August 2010. Since then no work. I was awarded JSA, backdated to 1st Sept. 2010 in October 2010 because the qualifying year for 2010 was 2008 and was the only year since leaving school in the 80's that I have not worked at all.

What I'm not sure of is should I now tbe changing to JSB based on working 2009 and if so is it automatic or do I need to go in? Also as I only worked Sept, Oct, Nov and December in 2009 how long will I be entitled to JSB or will working Jan to Aug in 2010 come into it now? Sorry if confusing, confused myself! Thanks, Julie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

2ndchance wrote: »
    I wonder could anyone help me with this query please. I worked from beginning of Sept 2009 to end of August 2010. Since then no work. I was awarded JSA, backdated to 1st Sept. 2010 in October 2010 because the qualifying year for 2010 was 2008 and was the only year since leaving school in the 80's that I have not worked at all.

What I'm not sure of is should I now tbe changing to JSB based on working 2009 and if so is it automatic or do I need to go in? Also as I only worked Sept, Oct, Nov and December in 2009 how long will I be entitled to JSB or will working Jan to Aug in 2010 come into it now? Sorry if confusing, confused myself! Thanks, Julie

Make sure you go into them well before the year is up, they just stopped my dole when the year was up even though i had a means test done a month before that, i had to wait almost a month to get dole again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

op, to qualify for jb in 2011 you need 39 credits and contributions in 2009, 13 of those being contributions. ie you need to have at least 13 weeks work in 2009, plus 104 contributions since first starting work. probably worthwhile dropping into your local office to discuss the situation with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

Re JA v JB sometimes you are better off to stay on JA as you will be able to apply for Fuel Allowance and also JB is reckonable for tax purposes (obviously this will only apply if you get employment0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

eastbono wrote: »
    Re JA v JB sometimes you are better off to stay on JA as you will be able to apply for Fuel Allowance and also JB is reckonable for tax purposes (obviously this will only apply if you get employment0
    excellent point.:cool::cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭2ndchance

Thank you both so much for taking the time to reply. I definitely worked for 13 weeks in 2009 so looks like I'm ok for JSB for this year. I am considering a return to education in Sept so need to find out now whether or not I would be eligible for BTEA. If I'm still on either JSB or JSA I think I would be. Just another option as no job on the horizon. Thanks again

• Advertisement
Advertisement