Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband provider that doesn't require a phoneline

• 12-01-2011 6:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭

As above I'm looking for a decent Broadband provider that doesn't require a phoneline.

Currently with Digiweb and from talking to them they don't seem to do it, also it would have to work in the Limerick area.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

UPC, have it love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Joe10000 wrote: »
    UPC, have it love it.

Yeah but I'm in Castletroy and we can't get UPC where we are, been trying for months :rolleyes::(

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭SONIC2008

irish broadband doeasnt require a phone line. I dont know if its available in your area, or if its good!

SONIC2008 wrote: »
    irish broadband doeasnt require a phone line. I dont know if its available in your area, or if its good!

I'd rather stick with a fairly known company, the household depends on the internet alot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

upc serves most of casteltroy if, like me, you are in one of the few areas they dont serve then i think you are out of luck as far as not needing a phone line

one piece of advice is dont go with magnet whatever you do

there are some totally wireless options but they are very expensive

• Advertisement

PeakOutput wrote: »
    upc serves most of casteltroy if, like me, you are in one of the few areas they dont serve then i think you are out of luck as far as not needing a phone line

one piece of advice is dont go with magnet whatever you do

there are some totally wireless options but they are very expensive

Yeah wireless wouldn't be an option, there's 3 or 4 computers and an xbox! Friends of mine literally withing a 2 minute walk have it, and we seem to be just out of the zone. We don't use the house phone and it seems to be racking up bills of 90 odd euro every 2 months!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

Yeah wireless wouldn't be an option, there's 3 or 4 computers and an xbox! Friends of mine literally withing a 2 minute walk have it, and we seem to be just out of the zone. We don't use the house phone and it seems to be racking up bills of 90 odd euro every 2 months!

with eircom and magnet you get unlimited free calls with their internet package you jsut pay line rental and the fee for the broadband so as long as no1 is using your line for international calls then that should solve that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

We don't use the house phone and it seems to be racking up bills of 90 odd euro every 2 months!

If you don't use the phone, then there should be no bill, so obviously someone is using it, and a lot if it's costing €45 a month. If that is the cost of the broadband on the phone, then that's about the right price.
    Yeah wireless wouldn't be an option, there's 3 or 4 computers and an xbox!

No reason why proper Wireless broadband wouldn't be an option for that. 3G, Imagine WiMax, Ripwave, Clearwire etc are not broadband, but don't confuse something like Metro with those.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

If getting an aerial on the roof is an option then IBB/Imagine or Digiweb Metro are your best bets.
    If not then upc or individual 3g dongles seem to be your only options.

Advertisement