Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any Nissan mechanics out there with particular Qashqai knowledge.

• 12-01-2011 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭

Classic mistake, wife and I went for walk, leaving handbag on view.

Young gentleman comes along, gains entry, takes bag.

It's how he gained entry that has caused me grief, if he'd broken a window, no problem, replace window.

The Guards knew without even looking, but it was a new one on me.

They slide a sharp knife down in front of the driver's door, cutting thru the wiring loom, till they short the central locking and the locks pop open.

Apparently it works on most vehicles.

Now, believe it or not the Nissan dealer can't give me a price on labour to fit the new loom because they don't know what's involved.

The door loom is less than 200 euro but they're not sure where the loom joins to the main loom, how far they would have to strip.

The worst case scenario would be that the join is in the door, in which case it's the main loom that's been cut.

Anyone out there who has ever stripped a Qashqai door or kick panel area and has any ideas, input would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Maybe a bit simple, but 2 hours labour and a few bullet connectors and heat shrink and job done??
    All those wires are colour coded, handy job just a pain in the arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

kona wrote: »
    Maybe a bit simple, but 2 hours labour and a few bullet connectors and heat shrink and job done??
    All those wires are colour coded, handy job just a pain in the arse.

Couple that with maybe something to stop the knife getting at the loom too, while the work is being done and all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

First off, isn't this covered under insurance? If not (and maybe even if so) i'd forget about the main dealer and bring it to a good auto electrician. OP - are you in Dublin? If so, Hamiltons are good, just off Camden St.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Couple that with maybe something to stop the knife getting at the loom too, while the work is being done and all.

Then ya be sued, no joke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

All they would have to do is look at the new loom, see how long it is and it would show them where its connected:rolleyes: The loom is connected inside the lower A pillar, but if its a clean cut on the wires, just have them repaired. A proper repair job and they will be as good as new and will save you the price of the loom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭wilson10

Thanks for the input guys.

Looking at the new loom and figuring out where the join is would be the logical thing to do but they don't have one, not even in Uk, three weeks delivery.

I have thought about joining it but there is very little room for any kind of connectors, and a lot of wires, all appear to be the same colour, black.

When you think of all the controls, door locks, 4 windows, mirror vertical, horizontal, folding and heater plus keyless entry you can imagine how much stuff is going thru a very tight rubber boot.

I reckon there's about 10 wires & they're not all cut, I don't want to disturb them too much because I still have central locking, just lost the windows, didn't even try the mirror.

As for insurance I think I'd pay in the long run and couldn't shop around for quite a while after a claim.

I think I'll take the chance that the joining block is in the pillar and go ahead and order the new loom and let the dealers fit it and hope they don't rob me too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

wilson10 wrote: »
    As for insurance I think I'd pay in the long run and couldn't shop around for quite a while after a claim.

I think I'll take the chance that the joining block is in the pillar and go ahead and order the new loom and let the dealers fit it and hope they don't rob me too.
    This is pretty much how i'd advise you NOT to handle this, but hey, it's your car.:)

Advertisement