Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Overcharging.

Options
  • 12-01-2011 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

Folks, I was looking through my account history earlier today and Meteor have chraged me twice for every SMS I have sent since the start of the year and in some cases three times for each message.

I was just wondering has anyone else had the same problem with their accounts? I'm on bill pay 50 at the moment also.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Could it be that you are sending texts that are over the 160 character limit meaning it's sending as two messages so they charge for both?

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Raedwald

Yes for some messages and that is when i get charged three times instead of two. I thought of that but defo not the issue. I've sent less than 20 texts today but went from 396 free message left to 357.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

I had a similar problem with meteor while roaming this summer. The charge for calling an international mobile was something like 1.26eur + 20% vat, but when i did the sums they had charged me double for each call. Got two bills of over 600eur each!! When i asked for it to be investigated, it took 6 weeks, many, many phone calls and then they could not tell me what i had been charged for so decided to credit my account by 600eur.

My advice is to ring Meteor and keep pestering them until they tell you exactly why you have been charged that amount. If they don't give you a speedy response get onto Comreq. I did, and the next day a manager rang me offering me the solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Raedwald

Yeah I've checked and they have charged my account 130 euro which would be double my bill. They'll be getting a phone call as soon as i'm out of work this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 gordo.sands

I've had the exact same problem. Meteor said they won't do anything for me until my next bill comes out and ring them back them then. I checked to make sure that I didn't go over the characters as well. But according to them its impossible! What phone do you have?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

I'm on the 50 Billpay plan too.
    I noticed, after about 8 months (I'm wasn't very vigilant about checking my bills) that they had been charging me for a text bundle that I never asked for!
    It totalled about €50. They reimbursed me without issue, but I always check my bills now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

i have just found out that the phone i have can take any sim card from any network, at the moment i am with vodafone ready to go, but i am wondering what if i were to buy the meteor sim card, ready to go or pay as you go, how much will i pay for sim card, and what are the offers on pay as you go,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

goat2 wrote: »
    i have just found out that the phone i have can take any sim card from any network, at the moment i am with vodafone ready to go, but i am wondering what if i were to buy the meteor sim card, ready to go or pay as you go, how much will i pay for sim card, and what are the offers on pay as you go,

http://www.meteor.ie/pay-as-you-go/

Sim cards are free in store when you buy credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

It could well in fact be the handset. The handset controls how many SMS's are submitted to the Message centre. Maybe double check your sent items.

Upto 160 Chracters = 1 SMS (including spaces) upto 320 chracters 2 SMS etc, but its the phone itself that breaks these up.

If you have a samsung galaxy, maybe just check the message settings, some of them are set as default to a 70 character limit on SMS, so 140 characters would be 2 SMS etc.

Advertisement