Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice restaurant in Tullamore

Options
  • 12-01-2011 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭

hey guys,
    I want to get my folks a voucher for their wedding anniversary next month,
    where do you recommend as a nice restaurant in the town centre (they'll want to go for few drinks after, probably to Eugenes so not too far walking distance from there!:D)

they're not too adventurous with their food though so it has to be a "spuds, meat & 2veg" menu!

All suggestions appreciated!:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 adrians107

I would reccomend Jamies on main street. All types of food on offer. prices reasonable and good atmosphere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

adrians107 wrote: »
    I would reccomend Jamies on main street. All types of food on offer. prices reasonable and good atmosphere

+1 Can't go wrong with Jamies, or perhaps the Anatolia, it closer to Eugenes. Menus are on their site. http://anatolia.ie/home/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

I'd personally recommend the Bridge House. Jamies food is good - I just wouldn't like the atmosphere.

We had a meal recently in the Acorn. I didn't like the lay out of the restaurant - it wasn't cosy. But the staff were lovely, it was a beautiful meal and I couldn't say anything negetive about it.

I will say the food took AGES to arrive, but when it did come, it was worth the wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

The restaurant in the Bridge House is lovely, although it's not very special having to walk through the bar!

jamie's is a bit hit and miss IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,951 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

For me, the nicest food in Tullamore is in The Paddy Fields, although it doesn't really fit into your 'meat & veg' dinner.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

I haven't eaten from the Paddy Field since that sunday I found a bluebottle skating around my chicken curry.

Advertisement