Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Similarities

Options
  • 12-01-2011 7:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

What language is most like Spanish? Is it quite similar to Italian? If I knew a reasonable amount of Spanish, do you think it would be easy to learn the basics of Italian? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭UngratefulWhelp

What language is most like Spanish? Is it quite similar to Italian? If I knew a reasonable amount of Spanish, do you think it would be easy to learn the basics of Italian? :D

I can read French (studied it) and read and speak Portuguese (picked it up). In written terms, the latter is quite similar, however pronunciation-wise, it is quite different. It's often described as sounding like 'Russian Spanish'.

Italian, in contrast, sounds quite like Spanish, but I have far more difficulty reading it than Portuguese. Then again, I've never studied the verbs.

Advertisement