Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carpet cleaning

Options
  • 12-01-2011 7:57pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 124 ✭✭

Just recked my mums good rug by accident. Its stained, tried everything to clean it. Anyone know who to call thats good at sorting out a thing like this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

And she had such a lovely rug. Could you not just trim the affected bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

:eek:
    longshanks wrote: »
    And she had such a lovely rug. Could you not just trim the affected bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

have you tried cililt bang on it yet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Actually some of the time I like a dirty rug, then again, some of the time I like no rug at all.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Know someone good at this, will root out their number in the morning for you.

Funny this came up. I know of a house that got its carpets cleaned there ages ago along with the whole house from professional cleaners. The end job wasn't great, was more of a "give it a quick run over" type of job with absolutely nothing moved out of the way to clean around/under it. Heard of other cleaners which are local and do a fantastic job all around, leaving the house very clean. Like everything, its very hit and miss with who you get to do a job.

The carpets were wet cleaned, and the stains didn't really come out well leaving a damp smell behind, which is normal enough I believe. I think the dry cleaning method might be a better approach, but who knows.

So might be advisable to ask B&Bs/Hotel owners who they use and how they found them. They get them frequently enough so should be the best to advise. The cleaners number ill root out have done such businesses and generally do a good job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,343 ✭✭✭✭looksee

It does depend a bit on what you spilled, what kind of stain it is.

Having had both chemical cleaners (numerous times), and doing the job myself with one of those machines from B&Q (or I think Woodies have them too), I am definitely of the opinion that if you have the energy and a bit of cop-on, the diy approach gives the best results. (agreed it takes a bit longer to dry, but the advertised 'one hour' by the chemical cleaners is just not true either. DIY is cheaper too.)

Advertisement