Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No connection towards adoptive mother.

Options
  • 12-01-2011 8:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hey, I just have a query/thought/issue.

Basically, I have been fostered by the same family from the age of 2 until I was 18 and then I was adopted by them. (My adoptive parents are my birth mothers aunt and uncle) I turn 20 in feb.

I have no connection towards my adoptive mother whatsoever, Would I have missed out on the maternal love/bond that I would have gotten from birth till I was 2 years of age from my birth mother?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭LickLickLick

Over 100 views and no input? :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I think it's more that no one knows what to say. We've no way of knowing how she treated you, or how she felt for you. It may be the kind of thing better dealt with via speaking to her or a counsellor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭LickLickLick

Yeah, I understand. I cant remember my BM back then at all, I don't hate her, but I do resent the whole situation. My adoptive mother treats me just fine, but I just don't love her like I think I should.

I've been contemplating counselling for a couple years, and it's in motion atm

Advertisement