Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can you claim while

• 12-01-2011 8:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭

Can you claim while working 15 hours a week, thing is its a job of 3 hours per day so i guess i cant claim as im working each day?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

If you are working less than 4 days per week you can claim for Jobseekers Benefit or Allowance whichever is applicable to you. If one of your working days is normally Sunday then that is exempt as Mon to Sat are considered working days for JB/JA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

no you cannot claim for a day on which you work.you cannot claim for the 6th day as you must have suffered a loss of employment of at least 3 days in each week. is there any way your boss could compact the hours into 3 days?its worth a try;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

most union have agreed a minimum working shift of 4 hrs. Is anyone else working 3 hrs per day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

Vain wrote: »
    Can you claim while working 15 hours a week, thing is its a job of 3 hours per day so i guess i cant claim as im working each day?

You cannot claim unemployment benefit as you are not unemployed.

However, you may be entitled to a family income supplement if appropriate, rent supplement and a medical card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

Anybody know how much per day the payment is.

Is it 188/6 or 188/5

Also, if working 3 days per week, do they pay 3 days or 2 days

Thanks

• Advertisement

Anybody know how much per day the payment is.

Is it 188/6 or 188/5

Also, if working 3 days per week, do they pay 3 days or 2 days

Thanks

In relation to JB its 188/6 (if you qualify for full JB rate) and if working 3 days you get paid for 3 days. There are other conditions that also need to be met.You have to have substantial loss as well. If its JA (means test) your earnings from employment are also taken into consideration.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

eastbono wrote: »
    In relation to JB its 188/6 (if you qualify for full JB rate) and if working 3 days you get paid for 3 days. There are other conditions that also need to be met.You have to have substantial loss as well. If its JA (means test) your earnings from employment are also taken into consideration.

Thanks for that, it's JB, have to get the job first but the interview today went well :) I'm thinking part time is better than no time and there is a possibility of full time in the future, or I could try getting another part time job along with it.

Thanks for that, it's JB, have to get the job first but the interview today went well :) I'm thinking part time is better than no time and there is a possibility of full time in the future, or I could try getting another part time job along with it.

Best of luck with the interview result. I am presuming you are on JB at present and if you are your claim will not need to be closed it will be payment suspended until you bring in forms that swo will give you for your employer to fill out and they will issue you with dockets where you self certify the days you work and these will have to be lodged every week casual workers are paid a week behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

rather than starting new thread i have a similar question im thinking of apply for a part-time job with a view to full time, on offer is 20 hours a week so i presume 3 days, ive been on jsb since sept would i be still entitled to receive jb for the other 2 days if so how much would it roughly be €63:confused:

deaglan169 wrote: »
    rather than starting new thread i have a similar question im thinking of apply for a part-time job with a view to full time, on offer is 20 hours a week so i presume 3 days, ive been on jsb since sept would i be still entitled to receive jb for the other 2 days if so how much would it roughly be €63:confused:

If its three days a week you will be entitled to JB for three days. If you currently are on €188 JB pw you will get €94 approx... if you work more than 3 days you will get nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

deaglan169 wrote: »

OP, I wouldn't bank on 3 days work. Its the hards shift to come across because you can claim for the other days and because it doesn't suit some service sectors. The most common question after we advertise a part-time job from candidates is: How many days and are they together.

Try slip the question in early in the interview!

eastbono afaik you can claim if you work 4 days.

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    OP, I wouldn't bank on 3 days work. Its the hards shift to come across because you can claim for the other days and because it doesn't suit some service sectors. The most common question after we advertise a part-time job from candidates is: How many days and are they together.

Try slip the question in early in the interview!

eastbono afaik you can claim if you work 4 days.

If the 4th working day is a sunday you can.

Advertisement