Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birthday Party Suggestions - 4 year old daughter

Options
  • 12-01-2011 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

My daughter is 4 in early February, and I am looking for suggestions / recommendations for puppeteers / face painters for a party in our own home. Any help greatly appreciated.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭RH149

Are you in or near Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 rickyotto

Living in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

maybe I am a mean mommy, but for my 4yr olds party I invited only his 5 fav friends for tea, let them have the run of the living room and his bedroom for playing in for an hr, gave them their tea of chicken strips and wedges, did the cake and sent them home. btw 'cake' was a block of icecream decorated with jellies and buttons and a Woody figure and candles - they loved it!
    Party for 4 yr old twins last week was a dress up, play, and a few party games like pass the parcel, then food and the mom had got lots of colouring books and crayons and let them do that for 20 mins before home.
    I think 4 is too young for big parties. just MHO

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mr. Muddle

Kids just really love being together. I have two girls age 9 & 11 and have had many different party's over the years some at home some in play-centres, cinema, eddie rockets ect. The one the kids and their friends loved the most was at home.

I bought a disco light in smyths and covered the windows with coloured paper to make a disco (I bought the latest pop party cd) and downloaded free colouring pages of brats, hello kitty and scooby doo (it was a few years ago) and put loads of tubs of crayons from the two euro shop all over the house they loved the colouring. Played pass the parcel and stiff statues and had tea and goodies. Very easy party and they loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

At around this age we had a baking party for our little one. Her daddy who lucily is a chef arranged all the ingredients etc and came with multiple sets of reasily weighed ingredients. Each kid made their own cookies and buns and absolutely loved it, they were all chuffed going home to their parents with their own goodies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement