Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rangemaster service in Galway County?

Options
  • 12-01-2011 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Posted this in another thread, and was kindly pointed here by biko :D

Any help would be most appreciated!
    Hi guys

Does anyone know where I might find someone to service a RangeMaster cooker (gas hob/electric ovens) for me? I'm in the Kinvara area. Checked Yellow pages and Google, etc., but couldn't find anything. Any help would be appreciated :)

Also, my sister owns an Aga in the Ardrahan area. Figure the same guy would be able to service both, as I believe a RangeMaster is essentially a lower grade Aga.

Cheers
    Ciaran

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Is it a duel fuel or all electric? What is it that needs servicing? Some cooker engineers won't touch gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 EdwardHunter

Hi greetings

It's dual fuel (gas hob, electric ovens).
    What need servicing...well...we had the house rented and the tenants made a crap of the cooker, so off the top of my head, the following isn't working:
    * One side of the electric grill doesn't turn on
    * The door latch on the convection oven doesn't work
    * The seal on the fan oven needs to be replaced
    * The bits for the two front gas rings are missing
    * The wok ring doesn't work
    * The glass hot plate was left on and burned out
    * The gas flow in the rings isn't right - the same size rings have different flame sizes, suggests to me that the nozzles need to be cleaned
    * Other than that, I think it needs a general service (whatever that means)

Regarding my sisters Aga, there's nothing specific wrong with it, she's just looking for someone to service it regularly.

Cheers :)
    Ciarán

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭knighted_1

Better off ringing manufacturers for the official service agent - you need an overhaul not a service -that cooker will need to be certified before it's used again (rgi)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

knighted_1 wrote: »
    Better off ringing manufacturers for the official service agent - you need an overhaul not a service -that cooker will need to be certified before it's used again (rgi)

What knighted says. Sounds like you seem to have quite a few issues there

• Registered Users Posts: 11 EdwardHunter

Thanks guys. I'll try to find the number for the official service agent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 acfunduro

rangemasterspares.co.uk has all you need. order on line get them delivered then pay a guy to fit them. way cheaper. you get total value and control over costs.

BTW - did you rent to animals or what? Total destruction.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭guideanna

The service number on my rangemaster is 00448707895108 and they told me they'd get their southern ireland rep to give me a call. (Having trouble with one of my appliances) but was no trouble for for them they were very helpful. Just have your serial number on hand and model is you know if. They can't do anything without the serial no.

Advertisement