Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE Website - Live Section Not Working

• 12-01-2011 9:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

I have tried to get into the live section on the rte website but it is not working.
    I have emailed onlinetechs@rte.ie <onlinetechs@rte.ie> as per rte website but no luck as yet.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,037 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sounds more like a 'Computers' issue than a general Television query.

You mean the RTE Live section here?

Works fine for me.. have you Flash Player installed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Yup working absolutely fine for me too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,024 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

okiss wrote: »
    I have tried to get into the live section on the rte website but it is not working.
    I have emailed onlinetechs@rte.ie <onlinetechs@rte.ie> as per rte website but no luck as yet.

Not entirely sure what technology RTE and TV3 are using for their live brodcasts or for that matter their Players but they are dreadful, its like watching slow motion.

Channel 4oD is far superior, one can watch full programs without interruption apart from annoying adverts!

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its working but the stream for the public accounts is terrible, sound working picture largely slow-mo or frozen.

Dáil Éireann stream is fine, Seanard is not working at all (appropriate)

Shortland Street is fine.

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Not entirely sure what technology RTE and TV3 are using for their live brodcasts or for that matter their Players but they are dreadful, its like watching slow motion.

Channel 4oD is far superior, one can watch full programs without interruption apart from annoying adverts!

I find the RTE Player is fine but the Live Stream is often rubbish. But they use different technology for each don't they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,024 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I find the RTE Player is fine but the Live Stream is often rubbish. But they use different technology for each don't they?

I dunno to be honest but its dreadful to watch, just amazes me that a National Broadcaster can't get this right. I have yet to experience quality viewing on either RTE Player or TV3.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The flash stream used by the Dail stream is fine, the Windows Media Video 9 stream for the Commitee feed is the problem.

Dempo1 wrote: »
    I dunno to be honest but its dreadful to watch, just amazes me that a National Broadcaster can't get this right. I have yet to experience quality viewing on either RTE Player or TV3.

The vast majority of people seem happy with the RTE Player. I haven't heard many complaints at all. Is it that it lags on you or that the quality of the image isn't good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭transylman

Live stream isn't working for me either. The rte player has been crashing a lot on my recently as well. Are you in the country op?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    The vast majority of people seem happy with the RTE Player. I haven't heard many complaints at all. Is it that it lags on you or that the quality of the image isn't good?

The picture quality on the RTE player isn't brilliant, must be low bitrate.
    I watch BBC and ITV Live and watch repeats on BBC iPlayer, ITV Player and 4OD and the picture quality is fantastic compared with the RTE player.

That said, it's not unwatchable. I watch from England (RTÉ international player) and it's perfectly fine, just not amazing picture quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,037 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Gonna move this to Computers & Technology methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭prioryc

I cant seem to get it to work at all lately ...every other site works fine (c4. com /youtube/googlevideo/tv3 etc ...
    browser is 100% up to date (chrome) ...but yet rte player keeps either hoping over the video and only showing ads or crashing shockwave in the browser ...rte gave the usual scripted answer "update your browser" ... any one here having any issues or the same issue since Christmas:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

It might be an issue with Flash. I read somewhere that RTE player updated the version they use. I'd recommend deleting the stored data that may contain flash remnants. Go to http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html and select all sites, then delete.

It's definitely worth a shot. I had issues with some Facebook apps that had the same issue.

Advertisement