Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advertising now allowed?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

nuxxx wrote: »
    Really wish the thanks function would be disabled in these types of threads, its not very fair on the OP or whoever when an admin makes a point, which may or may not be "wrong", and is automatically thanked by loads of mods

huh? you sure you posted in the right thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Really wish the thanks function would be disabled in these types of threads, its not very fair on the OP or whoever when an admin makes a point, which may or may not be "wrong", and is automatically thanked by loads of mods

Then again if someone comes up with a great idea its nice to see alot of the users on the forum giving thanks

I think its fair enuff anyway for someone who posts alot of helpful information to advertise a little
    They don't just 'automatically' thank the post, they usually agree with it, hence the thanks

Makes much more sense than 10 people quoting the post and saying 'I agree' '+1' 'Me too' etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

There's obviously a HUGE difference between someone (or something) who registered 10 minutes beforehand and has five posts and they're all an ad, versus a contributing member plugging a business (and not just a mod - the perceived preferential treatment of mods is WAY over-estimated; I didn't experience it as a mod myself. If you're an established member of the forum and don't cause trouble, mod or not, well yes, you'll be treated differently to an occasional user - natural order of things).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

So if YOU think it's wrong, mods shouldn't thank it? I know what you're saying about how it looks, but it's thanked because it's agreed with, not because it's an admin and mods therefore think "Oh it's an admin, better thank it".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Just think its looks bad thats all, if a post said "thanked by 10 people" instead of individual names of mods/admins in big blocky letters maybe it wouldnt. Slightly derailing the thread here anyway, was never a fan of the thanks system on these boards

Agree with the point about members who contribute to the site should be able to advertise a little or what not though, will keep it in mind

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Darragh wrote: »
    I'm happy to have it discussed here.

[/LIST]
    I'd be happy with that. I'd also be happy to say that it's only if you and your co-mods think something needs to be highlighted that you do so. If you're happy to have it in the forum, we're happy.

We will have to verify the posters though.

What is your/boards.ie stance on someone having a link in their signature that links to an activity that is against the law?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

TheZohan wrote: »
    What is your/boards.ie stance on someone having a link in their signature that links to an activity that is against the law?

Report such sigs as and when you see them. They can be dealt with on a case by case basis. We don't like to see anything supporting illegal activity.

Advertisement