Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One bet to €26,000

Options
  • 12-01-2011 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

Well, my batch of accumulators from a couple of months back turned out to be dead ends, with my best one ended by a broken leg, but not to worry here's my latest one (and only)!

I spotted Shane Long was 33/1 with Coral / Eurobet and tried to lash on my 150 accumulator, but the trader refused my bet and dropped his odds to 20/1. I still think these are v good odds, so I knuckled down and lashed a few bets on and boosted my bank a bit.

Here's the screen shots:

screenshot20110112at202.png

screenshot20110112at202.png

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭turbobaby

Decent enough start with Shane Long impressing and bagging a goal away to Doncaster.

Danny Graham also scored though, but the bookies have dropped Long to 12/1. Long is still 4 goals behind Graham. Sinclair was the only other contender to score over the w/e.

Rotherham lost at home, and Dagenham won away so that wasn't good news at all...

Current odds:

Long: 21.0 -> 13.0
    Rotherham: 2.10 -> 2.2
    Dagenham: 1.33 -> 1.4
    Russia: 1.44

Total odds: 84.4 -> 57.6

So it's now a 56/1 shout that I'll win the €25,000. Lovely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Hope it comes in for you,would be nice.

I am sorry, I know I said I wouldn't have another accumulator, but Coral re-opened their market for the Championship top goalscorer today and have Shane Long at 25/1

THESE ARE CRAZY ODDS.

So, I couldn't resist and had to lash on the following bet:

screenshot20110118at224.png

That returns just over £25,500

Get involved!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Turbobaby where do you find the championship top scorer in oddschecker? Can't find it anywhere

Here you go:

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/top-goalscorer

Bet365 are 9/1

Will Hill 11/1

Boyles/Stan James 12/1

Betfair: 12/1. Last price matched: 14/1

Coral's 25/1 is overly generous....

If you have to set up a euro account you need to go to Eurobet.com

• Advertisement

Not the best weekend for my selections.

Shane Long got a bad knock in the first half. Reading got their goal from the penalty spot but unfortunately Ian Harte took it because he had gifted Hull a goal earlier.

Bothroyd, Becchio, Sharp (2) and Sinclair all scored, tightening the pack up a little more! Thankfully Danny Graham didn't, so Long remains 4 off the lead.

Rotherham lost again, but Dagenham were beaten by a last minute goal.

Same old story with the midweek game - Shane Long gets targeted by opposition defenders. This time he limped off after 18 mins and may miss tonight's game too. He banged one in last weekend, but that was the cup. Still only 4 goals off the top and is now 5th favourite for top scorer, behind Danny Graham, Bothroyd, Becchio and Taarabt.

Bad news was that Jay Bothroyd decided to stay with Cardiff for the rest of the season!

Rotherham have been on a major slide since I backed them. Dagenham have improved :mad:, but both are still in the promotion and relegation places respectively.

Mumford and Sons down from 1.9s to 1.3s for the Best Album at the Brit awards!

Goal for Long today which brings him up to 12. Graham bagged one too so Long is still four off the top.

Some easier games ahead for Reading having played Norwich, QPR and Cardiff in their last three matches.

Rotherham beaten today AGAIN, and Dagenham win again. Unreal... Hamilton lost and are rooted to the bottom of the Scottish Prem so the second accumulator is looking the more likely at this stage...

Great night tonight. Another goal for Shane Long. He's now three off the top.

Rotherham won, Dagenham lost in a relegation 6 pointer v Walsall, and Mumford & Sons won best album at the Brit Awards. (I tipped them at 1.9).

Will calculate the odds after the weekend games, but they certainly have shortened!

Eur55,000 here I come!

Another game for Reading, another goal for Shane Long! He now sits 2 goals behind the top scorer Danny Graham who has only scored once in his last eight games. Becchio of Leeds is now looking the most dangerous, but rarely plays 90 mins as competition up top at Leeds is so high.

Dagenham drew at home to promotion chasing Huddersfield, and Plymouth were deducted 10 points so not a good day in that regard.

Hamilton lost again and look very likely to finish bottom. But I would be worried about the final leg of that bet - No Grand Slam in the 6 Nations. A draw in the France England game would do nicely!

PS - on another note, Nicky Maynard bagged a goal on his first start after nine months out. Absolutely delighted for him, as he was so kind to me last season!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Creeping up there for you! Hope it comes good!

Cheers fella.

The odds are as follows (using best available odds):

Bet 1.
    Shane Long 13.0
    Dagenham relegation 1.73
    Rotherham promotion 2.63
    Russia WC Group Winner 1.44

Total odds: 85.0 i.e. 84/1

Bet 2.
    Shane Long 13.0
    No Grand Slam 2.5
    Hamilton finish bottom 1.2

Total odds: 39.0 i.e. 38/1

Not too bad at all! :)

Here we go again!

ANOTHER goal for Long today. He really is banging them in on a consistent basis despite Reading not winning games. He has a cracking partnership with Noel Hunt. Delighted to hear Bothroyd got another goal disallowed today, but Danny Graham (1), Sinclair (2) and Taraabt (1) did score, leaving Long 2 off the top. Delighted to see Maynard score again, and wish him all the best in his recovery. Reading play Boro at home next week so expect another goal for Long!

Dagenham lost and Rotherham won, although the teams around them had similar results. All in all it was a great day for that bet.

In the other bet, Hamilton picked up a point and England beat France meaning they need to beat Scotland (h) and Ireland (a) to win the grand slam. A tough ask and if they fail it will make that accumulator about a 12/1 shot to win €29,884 (at todays FX rate) :eek:

More good news for the accumulators with Hamilton losing, and some results going the way of my Dagenham and Rotherham bets. Odds are back up too so the accy's are as follows compared to the starting odds:

Bet 1
    Long: 21.0 -> 7.5
    Rotherham: 2.10 -> 2.5
    Dagenham: 1.33 -> 1.53

Total odds: 84.4 -> 41.3

Bet 2
    Long: 26.0 -> 7.5
    Hamilton: 2.0 -> 1.17
    No Grand Slam 1.73 -> 2.38
    Mumford & Sons: 1.909 -> 1.0

Total odds: 171.7 -> 20.9

So they're a 40/1 and 19/1 chance accys now...

Reading's next five league games (3 at home) are against Boro, Ipswich, Preston, Barnsley and Portsmouth. I smell goals!

... I knew I could smell goals.

Reading continue their fine run of form with a 5-2 hammering of 'boro. Shane Long, the greatest striker on Earth bagged two and was taken off for a rest on 68 mins. That 25/1 shout is looking even better every game. The last price matched on Betfair was 2.9, although I expect the bookies to settle at around 3/1.

He is one goal off the Danny Graham, in clear 2nd place, on 17 goals.

Rotherham's poor form continued with a home draw against 23rd place Barnet, while Dagenham won a relegation 6 pointer away to Bristol Rovers. All of the other teams around Dagenham picked up points however. I am certainly not confident of both these bets coming good. :(

The 2nd accy faired a little better with Hamilton predictably losing away to Celtic. The other selection (No Grand Slam), well, I feel less confident about this every day as I'm basically relying on Ireland to beat England in Landsdowne Road....

All in all, another good day. Roll on Tuesday!

Just an update on the odds:

Bet 1
    Long: 21.0 -> 4.5
    Rotherham: 2.10 -> 2.75
    Dagenham: 1.33 -> 1.73

Total odds: 84.4 -> 30.82

Bet 2
    Long: 26.0 -> 4.5
    Hamilton: 2.0 -> 1.17
    No Grand Slam 1.73 -> 2.38

Total odds: 171.7 -> 12.5

Last time they were 40/1 and 19/1 chances but now they are down to 30/1 and 12/1 accumulators...

In need of a win for Rotherham and defeat for Dagenham tonight! Reading away to Ipswich tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭YohanCabeye7

The 2nd Accum is flying!!

Ireland required to step up and beat the English :cool:

Well another goal for Shane Long tonight, but he was matched by Danny Graham who also scored one.

Rotherham lost away again to a last minute goal and Dagenham won 1-0 :( Those two bets are really letting me down, the pr*cks!

All of the top 5 bar Rotherham gained points and Dagenham moved out of the bottom four and have games in hand. Miserable! Although, I note that they still have to play Brighton and Peterbrough twice.

Looks like I'm relying on Ireland to do over the English on Saturday week. Hopefully it'll be time enough to iron out the silly mistakes and ill-discipline.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Either way, winners or losers; you've done really well here.
    The Long bet is proving to be very very good indeed, perhaps a single on that would have been the smartest thing but every man to himself.

As for Graham, I reckon Long can oust him yet: here's hoping anyway.
    Rotherham & Dagenham could both take a turn in fortunes yet, and win it for you.

I shall be following eagerly Sir! :D
    Dooce.

Cheers Doocey,

Was thinking the very same myself today. Have got plenty of entertainment from following Long and the other bets. The main reason I include the other selections is for interest, so I can follow all the English leagues during Soccer Saturday or on a Tues night. It's like having a bet on every time, so it saves me a lot of money.

After reading reports from Watford fans they say Graham has been looking knackered so I do fancy him to wilt away over the 8 weeks of the season that's left. Long is on better form with 13 goals in his last 15 games, and Reading really starting to push for a PO place... Biased view, but I'm very quietly confident he'll do it.

I had Nicky Maynard last year and he scored something like 10 goals in his last 10 games to win me a big wad so if it doesn't happen this year I won't mind too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Yeah, season long bets on goalscorers and certain teams finishing in a specific positions makes any Premier League weekend good craic, like a bet every week as you said yourself.

I've a good feeling about this one too; especially after your monstrous win in May or so last year I think it was?
    Keep up the good work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

That fuucker Graham scored again today but on the plus side be thankful he didnt get more as they were playing against 9 men for a good while

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

best of luck with bet getting very interesting !!

Whats was your bet last year ? much you win ?

Cheers

eh i dunno wrote: »
    That fuucker Graham scored again today but on the plus side be thankful he didnt get more as they were playing against 9 men for a good while

Yeah anny Graham's a right prick isn't he!

Was very worried when I heard Shef Utd were down to 9, so you're right, happy that he only got one.

Rotherham missed a good opportunity today, with Shrewsbury and Wycombe both losing. They drew 0-0 with Bury in a "promotion 6 pointer". 4 games without a win now. They've barely won a game since I backed them, and in truth they've been poor by all accounts. Apparently the last minute winner they conceded on Tuesday didn't cross the line.

Dagenham got a late deflected goal to draw 1-1 in a "relegation 6 pointer" ! away to Swindon. Swindon also denied a dead cert peno in the 94th minute.

Both those selections really need to sort themselves out!

I didn't see the Ireland game today, but apparently they were robbed. Hoping Scotland can do over the English tomorrow. If they do, it basically leaves the 4 fold accumulator as a Long single - Hamilton were beaten again in midweek (7 points behind 2nd bottom with a game extra played).

Cheers for all the well wishes, it really helped last year, as I nearly shat my Penney's underpants...

best of luck with bet getting very interesting !!

Whats was your bet last year ? much you win ?

Cheers

Won €25k, and more importantly haven't bet it away. Kept it safe and sound.

Have a read if you want...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055896518

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Best of luck with this OP. Will definitely be on your next selection.

Come on Scotland, do me a favour!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Still a good bet for anyone with 200.00 to spare,
    would pay 2.5 k?

Well, it's time for another update on the odds. Pretty poor weekend all round. A Goal for Graham, two draws for Dagenham/Rotherham and a narrow England win over Scotland. Hamilton played late last week and conceded a last minute goal to lose having been 1-0 up. That's them done now... 7 points off 2nd bottom with a game extra played.

Bet 1
    Long: 21.0 -> 5.0
    Rotherham: 2.10 -> 3.0
    Dagenham: 1.33 -> 2.88 (Bet 365 - excellent price if anyone fancies a bet)

Total odds: 84.4 -> 62.2

Bet 2
    Long: 26.0 -> 5.0
    Hamilton: 2.0 -> 1.1
    No Grand Slam 1.73 -> 2.5

Total odds: 171.7 -> 13.75

So they're 61/1 and 13/1, having been 40/1 and 19/1 after the last price update. Strangely, I actually think the first accumulator has a better chance!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 alscrxangels

Hey Turbobaby been looking at the pages for a while now.

Might try stick a few quid on your first acc for 62/1. I'll probably only get it for a lot less but still worth it I think.

Best of luck with it. Will keep following

Advertisement