Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One bet to €26,000

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭turbobaby

Hey Turbobaby been looking at the pages for a while now.

Might try stick a few quid on your first acc for 62/1. I'll probably only get it for a lot less but still worth it I think.

Best of luck with it. Will keep following

Well, you'll get decent odds on Long now after that rodent Danny Graham got another goal tonight (and possible two as the first goal may be given to him too.)

If he is given that goal, Long will be 4 behind, so will need to outscore him by 5 goals to win the Golden Boot. I think even 4 is a push so not confident at all now :(

Danny Graham, do me a favour and tear your hamstring in two!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 alscrxangels

Don't think he was given it. So 4 to win it. And with Rotherham to Promotion and Dagenham to Relegation it still looks possible. Russia is a decent one to top it off. Might try get Hamilton to be on Bottom in scotland as well. I think I can get good enough odds with your selection. Will try get a few quid on it before tonight before the Euros and Championship start.

It'll all be down to Long then really to do what he can for the cause

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

do any of the irish betting firms or betfair have all the markets to follow these bets. Ive been looking but some dont offer championship top scorer or league 1 relegation. Id rather set up an Irish account than Coral since thats in pounds

Well, what a performance from Ireland! That result effectively brings the second accumulator from a fourfold to a single (Hamilton will surely finish last in the Scottish Prem).

Danny Graham scored yet again. He's scored in his last 6 matches! The BBC site is giving him the first goal against Ipswich but the official site of the Football League hasn't given it to him (yet). The odds haven't been updated yet, but he's certainly odds on now to finish top. Watford have some tough games coming up, but realistically he'll need to get injured for Long to be able to catch him from four goals behind.

markc91 wrote: »
    Id rather set up an Irish account than Coral since thats in pounds

Coral have a Euro site too, called Eurobet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

turbobaby wrote: »
    Well, what a performance from Ireland! That result effectively brings the second accumulator from a fourfold to a single (Hamilton will surely finish last in the Scottish Prem).

Danny Graham scored yet again. He's scored in his last 6 matches! The BBC site is giving him the first goal against Ipswich but the official site of the Football League hasn't given it to him (yet). The odds haven't been updated yet, but he's certainly odds on now to finish top. Watford have some tough games coming up, but realistically he'll need to get injured for Long to be able to catch him from four goals behind.

Coral have a Euro site too, called Eurobet.

Neither Coral or Eurobet have Championship top scorer markets. Il just wait and get on your next one best of luck

• Advertisement

Well Bet365 have put up the market for Top Championship Goalscorer, so I'll update the odds now. I suspect the other bookies are holding back until the confirmation of whether Graham is on 22 or 23 goals comes from the FA. I've emailed them for my own information and awaiting their reply!

Bet 1
    Long: 21.0 -> 7.5
    Rotherham: 2.10 -> 4.0
    Dagenham: 1.33 -> 3.25
    Russia: 1.44

Total odds: 84.4 -> 140.4

Bet 2
    Long: 26.0 -> 7.5
    Hamilton: 2.0 -> 1.1
    No Grand Slam 1.73 ->
    1.0 WIN
    Mumford & Sons: 1.909 -> 1.0 WIN

Total odds: 171.7 -> 8.25

More shocking results for Bet 1, which I have given up hope of coming in now, especially after seeing Rotherham get thumped 5-0.

Bet 2 is hanging on in there, with Long 4 behind Danny Graham. Reading have a home game in hand, and with 9 games to play in the final 5 weeks of the season anything can happen. Watford certainly have a tougher run in so I'm still confident Long can out outscore Graham, but five goals is a big ask. Either way, April will be a very interesting month.

I wonder will Coral contact me at any stage to try buy the bet off me!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Phonics

Have nothing invested in this but because of following this thread i find myself willing Long to score any time i hear of a Reading goal on Soccer Saturday. Best of luck with this, keep the faith he still has a good chance!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Phonics wrote: »
    Have nothing invested in this but because of following this thread i find myself willing Long to score any time i hear of a Reading goal on Soccer Saturday. Best of luck with this, keep the faith he still has a good chance!!

Im the same and hate seeing that Graham bolllox score :mad:

Cheers lads.

Well, the Football League got back to me and confirmed that it is the Associated Press's decision regarding first goalscorers, and they went with Danny Graham. So despite their website saying 22 goals scored, Danny Graham has actually got 23. That's 5 ahead of Long with 9 games to play.

Very tough ask!!

Last season, as far as I remember, my selection Nicky Maynard got 10 in his last 10 games to finish joint top scorer. A repeat of that would do the job!

Well Shane Long was excellent last night by all accounts, and I thought he did well against Macedonia too having no luck at all on the night. He can even play as a target man! :eek:

Hopefully the MOTM and goal last night improves his confidence even more for the Championship run in.

Rotherham beaten again last night and now are out of the play off places, with no manager! Disastrous choice of bet....

Anyway still have the second accumulator with odds of 8.8 (8/1) which will net me around €29k.

I will pay somebody €5k plus flights to travel to Watford with a hurl, ballaclva and do some damage to my mate Danny Graham's knees and ankles. Any takers!!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Well Shane Long was excellent last night by all accounts, and I thought he did well against Macedonia too having no luck at all on the night. He can even play as a target man! :eek:

Hopefully the MOTM and goal last night improves his confidence even more for the Championship run in.

Rotherham beaten again last night and now are out of the play off places, with no manager! Disastrous choice of bet....

Anyway still have the second accumulator with odds of 8.8 (8/1) which will net me around €29k.

I will pay somebody €5k plus flights to travel to Watford with a hurl, ballaclva and do some damage to my mate Danny Graham's knees and ankles. Any takers!!?

PM Sent ... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Don't jinx yourself! Waterford hurling team are training with Reading for a few days soon enough :P Mullane might get a hold of Shane Long and your bet will be dead in the water :P

Long with 2 goals already and up against 10 men for the next 50 mins....hope he gets another few for ya!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Hamilton leading 1 - 0 against 2nd from bottom though. That'd be a huge result for them and would give them a huge boost in confidence.

Yeah was following the scores on the bus. Nearly let out a scream when i saw Long scored two!

Hamilton wont hold on today... I hope!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Hamilton down 2-1

"danny graham could have had a hat trick, easily"! Sky reporter at Coventry v Watford. Hat-trick for Holt leaving him one behind Long now.

Yeah Hamilton have lost a lead so often this season. 3-1 now !!

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mickey1979

interesting very interesting best of luck

Excellent day today. Hamilton beaten, Long bags two and Danny Graham hit the post and misses plenty of chances! Shame about Grant Holt getting a hattrick.

Looking like it's at worst a 5/1 shout now... Could lightning strike twice in two seasons!

Reading home to Preston on Tuesday.

Long should get at least one against a poor Preston team. A hat trick would be sweet

• Advertisement

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Long should get at least one against a poor Preston team. A hat trick would be sweet

Indeed it would bud! A hat trick in this game on hand would bring him level with Graham...

23 Graham
    20 Long
    19 Holt

St Mirren P30 GD -22 Pts 25
    Hamilton P31 GD -35 Pts 16

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

I've got that feeling that the Long bet will come off, he seem unstoppable at the minute.
    Could grab one or two vs. an average Preston side as mentioned above; here's hoping!

Well Bet365 have the odds back up and Long is 3/1 for top scorer now. Best price available at Betfair is also 3/1.

Stan James are the only bookie with the Finishing bottom of the Scottish Prem market and are 1/33 for Hamilton to finish last.

So the odds are now as follows:

Long: 26.0 -> 4.0
    Hamilton: 2.0 -> 1.03
    No Grand Slam 1.73 ->
    Mumford & Sons: 1.909 -> 1.0

Total odds: 171.7 -> 4.1

Looking good!

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Amigomenor

Good look with this bet, very impressive selections and you have had a very good run.
    At this point you are in a position to take 5k off the table by laying off and that might be something for you to consider.
    Maybe give it til after the game with Preston although if he fails to score here the odds may drift a point or so

Amigomenor wrote: »
    At this point you are in a position to take 5k off the table by laying off and that might be something for you to consider.
    Maybe give it til after the game with Preston although if he fails to score here the odds may drift a point or so

Sound advice but like last year I'm going to let it ride. I dont really need the money too bafly and i've already won as it's kept me from betting and losibg every week...

Looking at Reading's run in, out of their last 9 games they play the bottom three (althoigh it's a bad time to play relegation threatened teams) as well as Derby and Coventry. Watford's run-in is pretty tough! Just read the match report from Watford's game. Graham missed 4 very good chances... Shatter that confidence hopefully! Nice!

Back on Tuesday for more updates...

PS i have given up hope on Rotherham. Relegation form since i backed them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Tobyglen

Love reading your logs. You should consider laying off a small slice of that bet. Just enough to at least make the 2 bets free, you still have a big pot to aim at & at least your free rolling.
    Would you really put 8+ grand on Long to be top scorer? I believe through experience that hedging is essential when gambling, some are more risk adverse than others but at least give yourself a free bet. Best of luck with the rest of the bet & you certainly have a good system of betting.

Thanks for your kimd words tobyglen. Yeah, laying off is certainly the best thing to do, but similar to last year i dont have the liquid cash to lay Long. It would mean depositing a huge amount in to Betfair. Wouldnt risk backing Graham or Holt as an alternative to a lay cos anything could happen in the end.

Almost all my cash from my win last year is invested in a precious metals mining startup company based in Canada. Currently trading at $10 but its share price should be around, and soon will be $40.

If Long bangs them in the winnings will go into this company too...

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭clived2

Almost all my cash from my win last year is invested in a precious metals mining startup company based in Canada. Currently trading at $10 but its share price should be around, and soon will be $40.

Mining start up companies are notorious for major bust & boom, more the former, what makes you so sure;)

Also good luck with your bet rooting for ya

clived2 wrote: »
    Mining start up companies are notorious for major bust & boom, more the former, what makes you so sure;)

Also good luck with your bet rooting for ya

Cheers man.

I'm far from sure it will reach $40 per share, but the Gold and Silver in their resources, which they will start to drill for in 2 months time, give a pre-tax net present value of over $70 per share. It was a share recommendation, not my own work!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭clived2

Cheers man.

I'm far from sure it will reach $40 per share, but the Gold and Silver in their resources, which they will start to drill for in 2 months time, give a pre-tax net present value of over $70 per share. It was a share recommendation, not my own work!

Just letting ya know the risks involved. These companies can create major hype,( appear to be insider info, when everyone knows it)
    get share capital and go drilling ( very expensive ) find nothing, disband and set up another,

Although if there price did spike at 70 dollars, you could always sell your inital investment and have the rest as profit shares, unless your a gambler and willing to let it ride ( which you are:D)

Would it be too much to ask the name so I could have a look:) or a pm, if not thats cool.

Advertisement