Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One bet to €26,000

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭turbobaby

Of course! Absolutely realise the risks and happy to take them. It's PVG.TO

No goal for Long tonight... Missed a one on one and had a deflected shot just go wide. Ah well, roll on Saturday. Away to Forest If I remember correctly...

Incidentily, Dagenham back in the relegation places. Rotherham, get your **** together or I'll fly over there with a wooden spoon!

Well St Mirren won last night 3-2 against Aberdeen. Didnt even know they were playing so that was a nice bonus. That puts them 12 points ahead of Hamilton with a better goal difference. Thats 3 out of 4 from Bet 2 endnig in success.

Its pretty simple now:

I just need Long to outscore Danny Graham by three goals over the last eight games to win just shy of €15,000 or if he outscores him by four, the winnings are just shy of €30,000. Grant Holt is the only other danger, one goal behnid Long.

Shane Long odds: 4.33 or 10/3

Reading away to Forest who are leaking goals, Watford home to Hull, Norwich away to Swansea. Looking forward to Saturday already!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭fkiely

Fair play to you mate, it's a great bet in retrospect. Hopefully it'll come through for you but regardless you'll get a great run for you money. Good luck.

Thanks bud. Yeah defo got my moneys worth.

Two updates today - I bought a plastic Asian Lucky Cat which is meant to bring good fortune to its owner (!) and then I sent a message to Danny Graham on Twitter saying his performance against Covertry was shocking and that he has blown Watfords chances of promotion!! Hopefully that will shatter his confidence going in to the run in! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Think your jinx on Graham worked but Long had a last min peno saved :mad:

Shane Long missed pen. :( That could be a big miss...

No goals for him or Graham today. 6 games left.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Doesn't look like Holt is going to score today. So not too bad a day for your bet.

yesno1234 wrote: »
    Doesn't look like Holt is going to score today. So not too bad a day for your bet.

Yeah, Holt had a few chances as well, and didn't score.

I noticed Rotherham are 14/1 to get promoted now :eek:

Big night tonight with Reading away to Scunthorpe. Despite it sounding like a difficult place to go, Scunny have conceded the most home goals in the Championship. If Long is to finish as top scorer he needs at least one tonight. Hopefully he won't pass on penalty duties to Ian Harte.

Graham v Holt tonight as Watford play Norwich at home. Hopefully some acid rain falls and injures them both for the rest of the season!

C'mon Lucky Cat!

luckycat.jpg

I bleedin knew Long would hand over penalty duties to Harte... :(:(

I'm counting that peno miss against Forest as -2 goals now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

turbobaby wrote: »
    Graham v Holt tonight as Watford play Norwich at home. Hopefully some acid rain falls and injures them both for the rest of the season!

What an absolutely sick thought!

kensutz wrote: »
    What an absolutely sick thought!

Have you ever heard of a joke?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Unlucky Long got on score sheet but so did Graham.
    Reading also had penalty but Harte took it. Long needs to start hitting doubles over the next few games
    Good luck fantastic bet

Another big day today. Reading are home to inconsistent Leicester. I think Reading have won about 8 games on the trot now. Long may it continue.

Watford are away to dirty Leeds so I am hoping for an early injury to Graham!

Holt scored last night so is again only one behind Long.

Long still about 4-1 for top scorer.

5 goals scored by Watford and Reading... but none of them scored by Graham or Long.

3 goals behind, 4 games left. Not looking good!

Both played very well according to reports. Next games are on Friday.

Big weekend ahead for the bet.

Good start tonight with Grant Holt failing to score despite Norwich smashing 5 past their East Anglican rivals Ipswich. Alan Partridge banged a hat trick. Aha!

Reading are playing Leeds away tonight. Leeds have been leaking goals of late so i expect Reading to score one at least. It's certainly Reading's hardest fixture oftheir 4 remaining ones so one goal from Long would be a result for me.

Danny Graham picked up the Championship's Fans' Player of the Year award, and was named in the league select 11 so his confidence must be pretty high at the mo. All i can do is hope that Watford's last 4 games are pretty dire as they're sitting mid table witb nothing to play for.

Long is 6/1 on Betfair now, with Graham just above a 1/3 shot. It's between these two for sure. Holt and Becchio carrying knocks for the run in.

Reading on tele tomorrow night. Hopefully get a chance to watch Long bang in seven goals, and see Andy Gray stumble into the studio like that mad fella on the Late Late a few years ago.

'Pat you are an insufferable arsehole'!!

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Amigomenor

You still have the opportunity to take 3k off the table. Long looks to be running out of time and now he is off penalities its not going to help.

Their aim is promotion and that is what Long will be focused on therefore he will not be selfish when in on goal.

Absolutely right, the lay was the sensible thing to do and i also agreed with you when you brought it up earlier, but as i mentioned, i don't have the cash to be abke to do that. It wont bother me too much if the bet doeant come off.

Another advantage of season long bets is that you usually get a slow realisation that the bet will lose, and therefore hopefully avoiding any panic chase bets...

Gonna take the battery out of the lucky cat for the rest of tonight's game, as it's not been any luck!!

Well another batch of games and no goals from the top 3 on the scorers chart.

Norwich beat Ipswich 5-1
    Watford only won 1-0 at home to Barnsley, and
    Reading battled to a 0-0 draw away to Leeds, by far the most difficult fixture they had left. If it werent for a very very poor display from Jobi McAnuff Long could have had a chance or two but he never looked like scoring.

Full set of fixtures on Mon. Remainng fixtures as follows:

Reading
    Sheff Utd (h)
    Coventry (a)
    Derby (h)

Watford
    Leicester (a)
    QPR (h)
    Preston (a)
    I certainly would prefer Readings run in but is it that much easier for Long to score 4 more goals than Graham? 3 would give me a dead heat (again!)

Only time and Jesus Christ know!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Long will get hatrick today

• Advertisement

No goals for Graham or Long again!

Not looking good at all now.

3 goals behind with 2 games to go...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

I've still a sneaky feeling about it!

i would have been confident up until todays match but can't see him nicking it now. Shame though, unlucky mate.

Long out to 10/1 on Betfair now and I wouldnt go near him at the price. The best offer bet is 30/1.

Think he has only scored one in his last six games. Shame!

Reading have to play Coventry and Derby and Long has to get a brace in both games and hope Graham doesnt score. So I would have this as about a 25/1 shot.

I certainly would take only three goals and a dead heat. Worst case scenario would be to finish one behind Graham and then bang a couple of goals in during the playoffs. That would be sickening!

Massive day today for the bet. Without one goal for Long the it is dead!

Graham 1/4 to finish as top scorer at the mo. :(

Still three behind with 1.5 games to go.

Graham missed a sitter for Watford vs QPR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Still 0-0 for Reading I see. A hat trick would be nice.

Looks like it's over for the bet bar a miracle performance by Long. Unlucky OP and great picking, bit more luck and you never know what could have happened.

yesno1234 wrote: »
    Looks like it's over for the bet bar a miracle performance by Long. Unlucky OP and great picking, bit more luck and you never know what could have happened.

Cheers man. Yeah it was close alright and I got plenty of entertainment out of it. That last minute missed peno against Forest a couple of weeks back was the key I think cos Harte took the next pen. Long's goals have dried up, so there's no excuses for bad luck or anything like that so I'm a little relieved, that there won't be a last minute goal from Graham making me lose the bet.

Watching the snooker final last night reminded me why I'm glad I don't really bet anymore. Trump's luck was unbelievably poor. A lot of people out there will be feeling really sick after backing him. I don't miss that feeling at all.

I'll put up a summary of the accy's after the games on Saturday.

Thanks to all who wished me well and sorry I could not repeat the tension of last season's Championship final day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

turbobaby wrote: »
    Cheers man. Yeah it was close alright and I got plenty of entertainment out of it. That last minute missed peno against Forest a couple of weeks back was the key I think cos Harte took the next pen. Long's goals have dried up, so there's no excuses for bad luck or anything like that so I'm a little relieved, that there won't be a last minute goal from Graham making me lose the bet.

Watching the snooker final last night reminded me why I'm glad I don't really bet anymore. Trump's luck was unbelievably poor. A lot of people out there will be feeling really sick after backing him. I don't miss that feeling at all.

I'll put up a summary of the accy's after the games on Saturday.

Thanks to all who wished me well and sorry I could not repeat the tension of last season's Championship final day!

Was a quality bet all the same, and season long value too as you mentioned.
    I look forward to your next one :)

Advertisement