Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC Geography Field Study 2011

• 12-01-2011 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hey everyone,
    I'm doing 'Geomorphic processes of transportation and/or deposition in a fluvial environment.'

Just wondering to anyone who got an A last year or in previous years...
    How do you decipher if your FIELD STUDY is of top quality to get almost full marks.
    How can you make yours original/ stand out from others?

Advise and opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭DaveMur1

Average result in field study is 18% / 20% I really wouldn't be worried if you put any sort of effort into it!

Im doing some boring building thing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Sm4shbox

DaveMur1 wrote: »
    Average result in field study is 18% / 20% I really wouldn't be worried if you put any sort of effort into it!

Im doing some boring building thing :(

Yes I understand but I really want an A1 and feel I should score the full 20% to increase my chances of getting the result I want (and deserve).

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Scoobydooo

Got 20% in mine last year without too much work, you'll be grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Sm4shbox

Scoobydooo wrote: »
    Got 20% in mine last year without too much work, you'll be grand!

Which one did you do?

Oh guys when a question says '100 WORDS MAX'...
    Does that include link words such as 'and' and 'it' etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 emzz

Hello there!:)
    i got full marks for my field study last year,now, I have to say...I did not have a CLUE what I was at. Our teacher didn't help us at all! so, I basically wrote upa rough draft, selecting carefully what information I needed to fit, NOT rambling and sticking religiously to the word count. Along with that I ensured it was neat and that my diagrams were well drawn, then I got another geography teacher to give me a mark for it and tell me what to do to bring it up to an A1. I would seriously recommend getting a fresh pair of eyes to help! saved me!:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement