Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help for a Poor student

Options
  • 12-01-2011 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hey hope im in the right place. I want to set up a very basic website to sell just one ebook. I have never set up a website so is what would the easist timewise way to set it up?

I also want to know advice on the most convenient cheapest payment method?

All advice greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Chet Zar

If it is just one ebook you could just sell directly on Amazon and/or on sites like Lulu.com or e-junkie.com. Easy to set up, they take a cut of the sales obviously but it saves you setting up a site and managing payments etc. Otherwise you could set up a blog or simple site using Wordpress.com or Wordpress.org respectively. But definitely look at selling on Amazon and the likes either way.

What is the ebook about out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 jimjoe23

Thanks very much. I'l look into that. Its a bit controversial and havent it finished yet. I will let ya know once im selling it will give it to reasonable priced: ) or free if you keep good advice like that flowing. How can I protect it from other people selling it just wondering is there a way?

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭bmarley

jimjoe23 wrote: »
    Thanks very much. I'l look into that. Its a bit controversial and havent it finished yet. I will let ya know once im selling it will give it to reasonable priced: ) or free if you keep good advice like that flowing. How can I protect it from other people selling it just wondering is there a way?

I can smell the entrepreneur in you:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25 jimjoe23

Maybe ...wouldn't really have any experience but had an idea that was surely worth acting on so I said id try my hand at it. Takes one to know one ?

Advertisement