Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap BER Certificate

Options
  • 12-01-2011 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what they cost to have done around Kilkenny and is there anyone doing them at below the going rate whatever that is. I need one urgently and am broke. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

I am aware of an engineer who will do one for three hundred Euro.

He makin' fat stacks yo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

My brother got a guy from portlaoise to do his, cost €120 including the certificate. I'll see if I can get the number

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Hmm... maybe it was some other building cert then, and not a BER I got.

300 does seem like a lot of money just to tell you that your house has shit insulation, something you probably already know anyway because you live there.

With the BER, it's just quantified in terms of its shitness and allocted a bucket on a nice colourful graph, with increasing redness indicating the magnitude of the shitness of the insulation.

I stand by the veracity of my original statement regarding the fat stacks. He IS makin' fat stacks. Yo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

120 sounds great. I'd be really grateful if you could find me his number. My friend's husband would do me a cheap job at 250 so it sounds like the figure you are thinking of, Fabbydabby is the correct one. Rip-off central. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

120 sounds great. I'd be really grateful if you could find me his number. My friend's husband would do me a cheap job at 250 so it sounds like the figure you are thinking of, Fabbydabby is the correct one. Rip-off central. :(

Pm sent,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭lotdpd

dont know him but came accross him online.... worth a try

www.eddiepowerber.ie

Make sure and give us feedback on here so we all know....

I used the recommendation for Paschal O'Brien that I got on here. He came down from Portlaoise and charged 125. Very nice man and no phaffing about with chopping and changing of appointments. I can PM his number if anyone wants.

http://www.pob.ie/pricing_4.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I used the recommendation for Paschal O'Brien that I got on here. He came down from Portlaoise and charged 125. Very nice man and no phaffing about with chopping and changing of appointments. I can PM his number if anyone wants.

http://www.pob.ie/pricing_4.html
    My friend's husband would do me a cheap job at 250

This is the same piece of paper whether you pay €300 or €125, tell your husbands friend where to go:rolleyes:

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    This is the same piece of paper whether you pay €300 or €125, tell your husbands friend where to go:rolleyes:

I'd love to but I'd like to keep her as a friend. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19 cormacp

My dad is a certified BER assessor, and recently launched a BER Cert business aiming to offer the lowest rates (Certs start at €110). His website has plenty of detailed info :

http://www.bercertificates.com/

Again, for the sake of full disclosure, it's my dad's business, and I'm helping him out with the web design and branding. Hope that this post doesn't break forum rules or anything....although I think it's a fairly relevant recommendation, given the thread topic!

• Advertisement
Advertisement