Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flying to New Zealand...

Options
  • 12-01-2011 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Just pricing flights to Auckland and wondering what's the general pricing?

In 2007, USIT arranged flights from Dublin to Tokyo, Tokyo to Sydney, Syndey to Bangkok and Bangkok to Dublin, and my WHV for e1100...

I'm pricing the NZ visa and flights there myself online, and it's working out in the e1200 region.... With no stop offs, just direct flights. Is it really cheaper to go with USIT, or have things gotten more expensive? Or is there some secret site I'm not aware of...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Skyscanner.net, expedia, kayak etc are your friends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭CLARiiON

I tried local travel agencies and usit - got crazy prices - between 1800 - 2000 euros - did it myself through ebookers flying to sydney and worked out @1200euro and will get a flight across to new zealand myself - these are 150euro return.
    Saving 450.

note: we planned new zealand and oz not just new zealand.
    Our plan is:
    fly to sydney
    fly to auckland - make own way to christchurch
    fly to brisbane - make own way to cairns
    fly to sydney
    fly home.

through my research, it was the cheapest.
    Skyscanner pointed me to ebookers and i booked with them directly.

Please note: It does depend on the time youre travelling - I'm going in July and its really expensive then - if you go in June it was 600euro cheaper - from 1800 - 1200

• Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭pclancy

I'd also recommend Ebookers. Usually the best prices.

Air Asia X doing very good prices from London also, they're a new budget airline from Malaysia.

Also worth checking Singapore Airlines, Qantas, Air NZ, Etihad and Emirates websites directly as they often have specials.

One final tip...join a frequent flyer program like the Star alliance or Oneworld. Every major airline is part of one of them. You'll earn 25,000+ points with a return trip down under that you could use to get a free flight in Europe when you go home!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Okay, so USIT are doing flights to Auckland, Visa and insurance for e743...

That sounds like a bargain to me?

Flights include one stop in Asia on the way there and another on the way back. Booking it next week, leaving in April.

Now, I know I'm going to stop off in Tokyo (again) on the way there, but not sure where to go on the way back? I've been to Thailand, and wasn't that enamored with it, anyone got any ideas?

Advertisement