Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

entitlements for hearing impaired children

Options
  • 12-01-2011 10:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi there,

My son was diagnosed with hearing loss and wears hearing aids. Someone told me I would be entitled to Domicalliary Allowance for him fro extra costs and things he may need... suitable outings etc...

Does anyone out there know if this is true?

Thanks alot!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Domiciliary Care Allowance is a monthly payment to the carer of a child with a disability so severe that it requires care and attention and/or supervision substantially in excess of another child of the same age. This care and attention must be provided to allow the child to deal with the activities of daily living. The child must be likely to require this level of care and attention for at least 12 months.

The Domiciliary Care Allowance scheme was administered by the Health Service Executive before it was transferred to the Department of Social Protection.

http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Schemes/IllnessDisabilityAndCaring/Carers/DomiciliaryCareAllowance/Pages/DomiciliaryCareAllowance.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 julien83

thanks alot, I read thet information however I stil dont know if it covers my son I'll phone them and ask directly.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

They cant tell you over the phone as each case is individual, you will have to fill out some sort pf application and have that assessed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Yes you get a form and fill it in and 10 weeks down the line you will find out

Advertisement