Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hardwareversand questions

Options
  • 12-01-2011 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

im building a pc in a week or two and hwvs is the best place for value in my eyes.
    i just wanted to hear other peoples opinions on the site for delivery, payment methods, stock etc.
    here is the build im goin for i also all ready have the case :D
    445_26_full.jpg

pcbuildlist.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

I would be interested in hearing some views on the site too.

I never heard of it until i saw it mentioned here.

I buy my bits from overclockers.co.uk.

I bought all my last build from there in 2007 and had planned on buying my sandybridge build there too

They are probably a bit more expensive.

My reasoning is it would be cheaper to send back a faulty part and also the customer service through their forum.

I have a GTX285 and a X-FI sound card already

5f2iN.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Only read a review about the motherboard you both selected today, and apparently the heatsinks are an issue with some coolers, notably those which use one backplate (or other mounting hardware) for both Intel and AMD. You should double check this.

@diddly: http://www2.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=36566&agid=707
    €20 cheaper, overclocked a little :)

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

I will be ordering parts soon, 6950 and Cooler Master 690 etc.

Either from overclockers or Hardwareversand.

I've read that HWVS have a very fiddly bank transfer business to set up an account, but after that its straight forward or you can use paypal.

OcUK I think have a bad rep on here? Saw some bad posts about RMA's, but anybody that never returned anything say its good.

I've used elara and komplett, so handy to just pick up your stuff but more expensive.

Anybody have any recent experiences with overclockers? Please tell as I am ordering some stuff soon.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭diddly3000

Only read a review about the motherboard you both selected today, and apparently the heatsinks are an issue with some coolers, notably those which use one backplate (or other mounting hardware) for both Intel and AMD. You should double check this.

@diddly: http://www2.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=36566&agid=707
    €20 cheaper, overclocked a little :)

cheers for the link, i read up on it seems a great card for 20 quid cheaper too :D thanks. i will go with the gainward gfx card now :D

jme2010 wrote: »
    I will be ordering parts soon, 6950 and Cooler Master 690 etc.

Either from overclockers or Hardwareversand.

I've read that HWVS have a very fiddly bank transfer business to set up an account, but after that its straight forward or you can use paypal.

OcUK I think have a bad rep on here? Saw some bad posts about RMA's, but anybody that never returned anything say its good.

I've used elara and komplett, so handy to just pick up your stuff but more expensive.

Anybody have any recent experiences with overclockers? Please tell as I am ordering some stuff soon.

Cheers.

ordering through paypal is extra 3% of your basket as far as i know. do you think its worth payin extra for paypal instead of the free bank transfer?
    is it that fiddley?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,462 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

do you have a link for this?

Skerries wrote: »
    do you have a link for this?
    http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/motherboards/2011/01/12/asus-p8p67-review/1

Paragraphs 4 and 5

Having to set up a bank transfer in 2011! No thanks.

I will go with Overclockers. I am on their forum a lot and have rarely if ever heard someone complaining about an RMA.

I read about the cooler clearage issue.

I am almost sure i read that the Akasa Venom would be ok but cheers for the heads-up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

moonboy52 wrote: »
    Having to set up a bank transfer in 2011! No thanks.

I will go with Overclockers. I am on their forum a lot and have rarely if ever heard someone complaining about an RMA.

I read about the cooler clearage issue.

I am almost sure i read that the Akasa Venom would be ok but cheers for the heads-up.

I was able to use a credit card on hardwarevrsand (through paypal) they charge 3% extra though

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

diddly3000 wrote: »
    ordering through paypal is extra 3% of your basket as far as i know. do you think its worth payin extra for paypal instead of the free bank transfer?
    is it that fiddley?

Cheeky basterd, you asked for peoples opinions.

Dunno about you but I'm busy 9-5 mon-fri, and its a pain in the hole to get to a bank. Then it takes 3 days to clear with HWVS.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

If your a BOI customer and have banking 365 you can now instantly setup hardwareversand as an affiliate, meaning the day you send the bank transfer is the day they get it.

I did this and received everything 4 days later.

jme2010 wrote: »
    Cheeky basterd, you asked for peoples opinions.

Dunno about you but I'm busy 9-5 mon-fri, and its a pain in the hole to get to a bank. Then it takes 3 days to clear with HWVS.
    cheeky bastard????? wtf you on about, i only lookin for some info on why the bank transfers are fiddley. thats all.

nuxxx wrote: »
    If your a BOI customer and have banking 365 you can now instantly setup hardwareversand as an affiliate, meaning the day you send the bank transfer is the day they get it.

I did this and received everything 4 days later.
    thanks nuxxx thats good to know, do you know if this works with any other banks like ulster bank a.i.b etc. thanks

thanks nuxxx thats good to know, do you know if this works with any other banks like ulster bank a.i.b etc. thanks
    I ordered with AIB, I THINK online, but i do remember going to the bank to ask them something. It's really not that bad. Do it on a Monday, you've a good chance of it shipping that week, then it's up to DHL.

I ordered with AIB, I THINK online, but i do remember going to the bank to ask them something. It's really not that bad. Do it on a Monday, you've a good chance of it shipping that week, then it's up to DHL.
    i wont be ordering til next week because not everything from my basket is in stock yet, iv heard from a few places to order only stuff in stock, anyone else agree with that. im not in a hurry for it tho so if i ordered my build with 1-2 items out of stock will they just ship it when everythin is in stock no matter how long that might take.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i wont be ordering til next week because not everything from my basket is in stock yet, iv heard from a few places to order only stuff in stock, anyone else agree with that. im not in a hurry for it tho so if i ordered my build with 1-2 items out of stock will they just ship it when everythin is in stock no matter how long that might take.

I ordered something from hwvs years ago, so they might have improved since
    1 item was low stock when I ordered and everything else was in the green, 2 weeks later they finally shipped it :(
    Think the item went out of stock while my bank transfer was authorising and it hadn't been reserved...
    I wouldn't advise ordering from them until everything is in stock, but like I said they mightve gotten their act together a bit recently

tman wrote: »
    I ordered something from hwvs years ago, so they might have improved since
    1 item was low stock when I ordered and everything else was in the green, 2 weeks later they finally shipped it :(
    Think the item went out of stock while my bank transfer was authorising and it hadn't been reserved...
    I wouldn't advise ordering from them until everything is in stock, but like I said they mightve gotten their act together a bit recently
    ok cheers tman i'll keep that in mind

tman wrote: »
    but like I said they mightve gotten their act together a bit recently
    In fairness, who's fault is it really that there was a shipping delay? They can't ship what they don't have :p.

Some places ship the out-of-stock part separately, some places wait. If it's a part that you don't already have, such as a CPU or a mobo, then you're prob not going to be able to put you build together without it anyway, so both situations suck. However, I am fairly certain that I've heard of people emailing them after they've placed an order to have an item changed to something that's in stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

In fairness, who's fault is it really that there was a shipping delay? They can't ship what they don't have :p.

Huh?
    It wasn't out of stock when I ordered, the stock was low.
    I placed my order wrongly assuming that an item which was in stock when I ordered would be deducted from their stock count and held for me, but that wasn't the case...
    Tis hardly my fault that they've got ****e stock control!

@diddly3000

I do not like to spread unfounded rumours if i can at all help it, but there is a lot of chatter on some forums about the Asus board having some issues such as cold boot problems and the like.

I am sure it will be sorted out in a future BIOS upgrade, but it has put me off buying it and i am leaning towards the MSI board.

• Advertisement

do you have a link for these problems mate. i dont fancy payin out for a board if its troublesome either. cheers

do you have a link for these problems mate. i dont fancy payin out for a board if its troublesome either. cheers

Well there are loads of threads on the overclockers.co.uk Forum and i briefly was on the Asus forum and HardOCP yesterday and noticed some issues.

There are bound to be teething problems with any new tech and most likely most people are buying the Asus board, hence more people having issues.

It probably will be sorted, but i am going to wait a few weeks and let the dust settle a bit.

nice one sounds reasonable. my only problem now is the i5 2500k is out of stock with delivery time of 7 days and so is the g-skill tridant pc3-1200 ram i'd order now if it wasn't for these issues :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33 jackman1

I got my gameing pc off hardwareversand and i had no problems with them. i ordered it with ulster bank i had to go into the bank and fill out the order forms and stuff like that it took a bit of time to do but it was wort it at the end. I think i got my pc in a week with DHL. HWS will email there bank payment options to you thats all you need and your own account details. This forum was a great help when buliding my pc for advise.
    Still think hardwareversand should have a credit card payment option:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭holdithoncho

I recently made an order with them but one of the items that was ment to be in today didnt come in and it said it will take more then 7 days would i be able too switch the product for a diffrent one and cover the price diffrence or will i have to make do with what i ordered .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 daba

hi there
    i'm having a nightmare with hardwareversand.de i have sent them the money some of it online some of it by bank transfer , but they didnt send me my order , i ranged them many times , but marianne doesnt speak english ,so she will say few words in german then she'll hang up on me . martin will tell me to call tomorow then hang up on me , i sent them tons of emails but i didnt get any reply . they dont seem to know what they are doin .
    the problem is that i'm on holiday now and it will b few days b4 i get back 2 ireland . i will try my best to get my money back . and no more hardwareversand.de , this has been a nightmare purchase and by far the worst online shopping experience .

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble daba. I am sure it will get sorted out as many people here use them with very little problems. Keep us updated with any progress with the issue.

I would rather order from the UK myself personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 daba

i had this issue with them for weeks now . in fairness i did order from them before and everything was fine,so i went back to buy from them again,i didnt mind the lenghty money transfer process . didnt mind that when i cancelled an order they give me back less than a 100% refund (after deductin the dhl fee) but now i dont why they are behaving this way . it is ridiculous that at this day & age . you cant get to talk to a manager . i asked if i can talk to the manager or someone in charge & martin told me there is no manager or some one in charge . i'm very discusted & furious , all i wanted is that they send me the parts even after all this delay & misstreatment, but it has been almost 2 weeks since they received the money and here i'am without money & computer!!!!!! i will ask for my money back asap otherwise i will take legal action when i go back to ireland next week.
    i will appreciate it very much if anyone had similar experience and can tell me how to deal with them .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

daba wrote: »
    i had this issue with them for weeks now . in fairness i did order from them before and everything was fine,so i went back to buy from them again,i didnt mind the lenghty money transfer process . didnt mind that when i cancelled an order they give me back less than a 100% refund (after deductin the dhl fee) but now i dont why they are behaving this way . it is ridiculous that at this day & age . you cant get to talk to a manager . i asked if i can talk to the manager or someone in charge & martin told me there is no manager or some one in charge . i'm very discusted & furious , all i wanted is that they send me the parts even after all this delay & misstreatment, but it has been almost 2 weeks since they received the money and here i'am without money & computer!!!!!! i will ask for my money back asap otherwise i will take legal action when i go back to ireland next week.
    i will appreciate it very much if anyone had similar experience and can tell me how to deal with them .

Email them and tell them to cancel the order and return the funds. You might want to ask at what stage its at though, just in case it's already been shipped.

As far as I'm concerned if an online retailer has a crap site, doesn't accept visa (no protection) and doesn't pay Irish tax for items I could order from an irish site, they don't get my business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭heid

Bank transfer is an archaic system. I got most of my parts from scan and ebuyer and it only took 2-3 days to deliver plus I can pay via Paypal. I also had no problems sending back the 1155 mobo for the new revision.

Advertisement