Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hardwareversand questions

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

heid wrote: »
    Bank transfer is an archaic system. I got most of my parts from scan and ebuyer and it only took 2-3 days to deliver plus I can pay via Paypal. I also had no problems sending back the 1155 mobo for the new revision.

I have to agree Heid.

I am genuinely stumped as to where the love for Hardwareversand comes from.

Maybe if buidling an entire system there might be a saving instead of buying from the Uk, but for single items the shipping is very expensive from that site as far as i can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

I was planning on ordering from hwvs too. Only thing is im worried about building as its my first time. Is there any other site that ye know of that offers the option of building it for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 daba

Asmodean wrote: »
    I was planning on ordering from hwvs too. Only thing is im worried about building as its my first time. Is there any other site that ye know of that offers the option of building it for you?

i think you should go and select your components first , and get help here to identify what you should buy , as i think this is the trickiest part in the buildin process, gettin parts that r compatible together once that is done , i'm sure you will b willing to do it on your own , there is tons of video tutorial on utube & other sites ;) and it is a very easy & simple process .
    you can try to get custompc from eason , this month issue has a full step by step guide 4 buildin a pc
    here r some companies i found in the same magazine ,not sure tho about what services they offer: scan.co.uk . aria.co.uk cyberpowersystem.co.uk pcspecialst.co.uk .
    or you can try this german site mindfactory.de a bit cheaper than hmvs but double the delivery charge , they charge 30quid per box:( (30 for the parts + 30 for the case ) email them to see how good their customer service is before commitin yourself .and goooooooooooooood luck :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Good motherboard manuals give great pictorical instructions on how to put most of the PC together and in what order (those parts that connect to the m/board anyhow)

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Thanks for the advice. I put up a post of my specs before but i have changed a couple of things in it since so i think i'll post a final build on here again and see what everyone thinks.
    I'm kind of excited about putting something together myself at this stage. I've heard that i might need an anti static wristband or something to prevent damage to the components when i am installing them?

• Advertisement

go 4 it asmodean , u wont regret it. about the anti static wrist band , i guess that wont b necessary , all u have to do b4 opening the mobo plastic bag, is to rest your hand (or other bodly part) on a metalic object lets say the case, to discharge your body from the static energy . dont take my word 4 it tho, do some search b4 you get the delivery .and u'll c it is very straigt forward, plus each component will come with a manuel tellin u how to install it . happppy days . or post a thread asking if anyone in you area is willin to help, u'll b surprised 2 c how many people out there have good hearts & r ready to assist for no material gain ??? haapppy days again .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

I'll jus leave this in here, since it sorta falls under the thread title :P..
    Any clue how long it should take for hte PC to get to Ireland?
    HWVS received my money monday, regular updates on the dhl tracking until weds, and all of a sudden there's been nothing since
    "Status from Wed, 06.07.11 00:01 hours The shipment is being transported to the destination country
    Next step The shipment has arrived in the destination country"

:( has the plane blown up mid-flight?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

Ordered new mobo + cpu+ ram+Hd and psu from them a few weeks back, received all 7 days later.

Good Service.

I'll jus leave this in here, since it sorta falls under the thread title :P..
    Any clue how long it should take for hte PC to get to Ireland?
    HWVS received my money monday, regular updates on the dhl tracking until weds, and all of a sudden there's been nothing since
    "Status from Wed, 06.07.11 00:01 hours The shipment is being transported to the destination country
    Next step The shipment has arrived in the destination country"

:( has the plane blown up mid-flight?

from my own experience i think u should get your delivery very very soon (i'd say no later than tuesday, an post r gooooood :D ), i actually got my delivery when dhl site was telling me the same thing about goods being transferred to the destination country.

Might be a silly question what with varying travel time etc but can you request a date for delivery? Just afraid im gonna be in work when my stuff arrives as it typically does!

• Advertisement

Might be a silly question what with varying travel time etc but can you request a date for delivery? Just afraid im gonna be in work when my stuff arrives as it typically does!

i had similar issue with the delivery , i rang an post, as they take charge of your delivery once it arrives to ireland , they told me they will keep the delivery for 16 days , if you don't collect it during this time , then they will send it back , and u lose your €30 dhl fee . ;) i assume 16 days is plenty of time to go collect the packages from the post !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

You should do what I did and get it delivered to the work place! A colleague can sign for it and it'll be there for ya to pick up when it suits you! That's what I did...just waiting patiently :)

after weeks of stressful waiting and tons of emails and a fortune spent on international fone calls and a ruined holiday , hvs have finally found my money !!! and they've sent me my order .

How did you pay daba? I hope my order works out. The customer support from hwvs isnt sounding too good from a lot of posts on here :s

How did you pay daba? I hope my order works out. The customer support from hwvs isnt sounding too good from a lot of posts on here :s
    i paid by bank transfer , then sent some more money usin the online bankin, with BOI my statment is sayin they got the €€ in the same day !!!
    try to email carina or stephanie westerfeld .or call them they speak good english . after they intervened (or i guess they got my email about about me threatnin to take legal action against them) my problem was solved and i simply placed a new order . between us , it worked out better for me this way, as they had more z68 mobo and few parts were slightly cheaper . the goods were sent last tuesday 13/07/2011 i'm hopin to receive them tomorrow .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

daba wrote: »
    i paid by bank transfer , then sent some more money usin the online bankin, with BOI my statment is sayin they got the €€ in the same day !!!
    Paying by two different methods was probably your problem here, I had big problems with an ISP here because I used Credit Card to buy equipment and direct debit for monthly bill, they couldn't process it:confused: ended up having to cancel and re-order.

And this was lately.

Advertisement