Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oh c'mon catch a grip boards Mods,admins,office staff etc

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,206 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

5starpool wrote: »
    What I want to know is why the OP is capitalising words such as me, you, your? What is that about?
    I think he's trying to convey the tone he would use if this conversation were in meatspace?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Some mods used to infract for thanking dodgey posts. I think what's done now is that a post is edited to say why it was infracted. That way, it looks like the people thanking it are thanking the mod's action. ;)
    I sincerely hope not.
    That is definitely a step too far IMO.

Its happened I'm 99.9% sure, I think it was on Soccer and I suspect t'was the work of mod who is no longer on duty (thank the Lord)

As for the thanks as an instrument of (not so) subtle oppression, it is used that way on occasion, that is to say whenever a Mod is queried. The bold circle jerk is toe curlingly obvious at times.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

i laugh at your inferior grip catching abilities!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

joe_duffy7026182_display.jpg

"Get a ggggggrip"

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

muffler reporting for duty.

Now where can I get this into the circle?

Covered_Wagon.jpg

• Advertisement

muffler wrote: »
    muffler reporting for duty.

Now where can I get this into the circle?

Covered_Wagon.jpg
    Ahhh that brings me back.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Oregon_Trail_%28video_game%29

oregontrail.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Overheal wrote: »

OOOOOOOOOOhhhhhhh, I hated that game when forced to play it at school. Think I thought anything educational was wrong. What a silly boy I was, Its a good game and your post deserves an honest to goodness Thank You.

My brother introduced me to Pirating when he brought all these games home from school on a 2.5" floppy. We used to play a lot of Oregon Trail, and Jeopardy. We really sucked at the latter though, and most of the questions are only relevant if you lived in 1987.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Some mods used to infract for thanking dodgey posts. I think what's done now is that a post is edited to say why it was infracted. That way, it looks like the people thanking it are thanking the mod's action. ;)

Hmmmm.

If the members who thanked dodgy posts were also infracted, the eventual body count would be high.

But as I've said elsewhere, by their thanks shall ye know them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Its hilarious that he thinks we're paid for modding on boards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭chicken fingers

Zaph its a feedback thread why are you using such an aggressive tone?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Zaph its a feedback thread why are you using such an aggressive tone?

Because legitimate feedback is acceptable. However nonsense from a disaffected member or past member hiding behind a new identity is not feedback. If he has something to say, something sensible that is, than he should have the balls to post under his original account or identify himself if it has been closed. And if it's been closed then why come back to have a dig at the site if you've no interest in being here in the first place? It's very rare that someone will get my back up to the extent that I'll post aggressively, but keyboard warriors who think it's ok to swan in here, spout some sh*te and basically sh*t-stir would definitely fall into that category.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

I think the point is valid.

Thewthanks button is abused - I have no doubt about that.

Many many many times I have seen the the most inane, puerile, inarticulate, trivial or just plain dumbs of posts being thanked relentlessy because it is targetted at a particular poster.

It's laughable how pathetic that schoolyard mentality is and it exists here, not sure what can be done about it though but when you see the same 10-15 posters thanking a post, regardless of its quality just because it is anti a particular poster and doing the same with the next post anti this person and the next it demonstrates not only a vindictive nature but a lack of courage and integrity and threads and forums where this occurs should either be called on it (leading to your banning no doubt) or just avoided so that they can all gorge on each other's groupthink narrative

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

ziggy wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

i think it was put in for people to stop laughing at spiritoftheseventies

Jazzy wrote: »
    i think it was put in for people to stop laughing at spiritoftheseventies
    Who?

muffler wrote: »
    Who?

probably the craziest forum poster ever :(

Jazzy wrote: »
    probably the craziest forum poster ever :(
    Apologies. That was my attempt at sarcasm ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

If someone posted serious personal abuse of another user, and I thanked their post, I would not be aggrieved if I suffered some consequences for doing so, tbh.

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement