Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[UPC] Slow speeds most of the day and night,contention?

• 12-01-2011 11:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    I'm on 30mb service in dublin 16.

For the last 2 months my speeds drop down to anything from 8-15mb on average from appox 2pm until about 3-4am.I use upc's speedtest but get same results on magnet and speedtest.net. After 4am i get between 27 and 29mb constant.Upload speed never drops below 3mb.
    Does this sound like contention every with it lasting so long?

Another weird thing is that last 3 night at 7.15 approx my net times out which i find odd.

I rang them when i started having issues and as per usual they find no fault on there end.
    I rang them again a few days later as my net dropped for a few hours which it has never done unless there was a fault in the area.This time they booked a callout.They guys changed modem and wiring in the interior/exerior boxes but it made no difference.

So over xmas i said i will leave it for a while naively thinking it may improve since they had rolled out the 100mb service.Needless to say it didnt.

I tried ringing 3 times again tonight to get "disconected" each time they answered after being on hold for 20mins aprrox.

I have 2 pcs with not virus or spware on them (fresh installs) and a lappy that i tried wired directly to modem each time to test with the router also taken out of the equation.
    So an ideas guys or am i just stuck with the contention?

Ps. sorry for the long post and thanks for taking time to read it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 shadowman.ie

I don't know if this is connected but I'm in Waterford and have 30mb bb with UPC. All this evening we've only been getting 1-2mb. I have noticed that their services have been deteriorating of late and will be looking to move it it doesn't improve soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Heave I've noticed their service isn't great at the moment 20mb appearing to e only 8 or 9 mb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

New UPC Speed issues thread here. All posts there from now on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement