Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Slaughterhouse & Yelawolf offically sign to Shady records

• 13-01-2011 12:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭

eminem introducing the new shady records hopefully we got some young money killers here as far as getting some decent music, hopefully now that there with shady they'l get more publicity.

good too see this thats some real lyrical talent signed right there, pretty impressive start to building a new roster, yelawolf from what iv heard is pretty good i say we will see a lot more of him now he's big in the states at the moment and well we all know slaughterhouse.

xxl-shady.jpg

Rap supergroup Slaughterhouse and budding superstar Yelawolf signed to Eminem’s Shady Records, it was announced today (January 12); and the entire new roster will all appear in the March 2011 issue of XXL magazine.

“Yelawolf and Slaughterhouse, it’s kinda phase two of Shady,” says Eminem. “It’s the new generation of Shady Records and as we’re trying to rebuild our label, it’s exciting for hip-hop and with all of these forces coming together and with what everybody’s capable of on the mic, it’s gonna be fun.”

Bringing together the East Coast, West Coast and Detroit in the middle, Slaughterhouse consists of Crooked I, Joe Budden, Joell Ortiz and Royce da 5’9”. Most recently, Slaughterhouse was featured on “Session One,” a bonus track on Eminem’s 2010 blockbuster Recovery album. Eminem is expected to be personally involved in Slaughterhouse’s sophomore album scheduled for release in 2011.

Said Royce Da 5’9″: “It’s very exciting for me to reunite with Eminem years after our Bad Meets Evil project together. Slaughterhouse on Shady Records will be a force to reckon with.”

Late last year, Yelawolf released Trunk Muzik 0-60, a compilation of select tracks from his critically acclaimed 2010 mixtape Trunk Muzik, along with six previously unavailable songs. The Alabama native is currently in the studio recording his full length major label debut.

Said Yelawolf: “Considering where I’m from and the **** I’ve been through, it’s hard to put into words what partnering with Shady means to me, my team at Ghet-O-Vision, and my state of Alabama. I can tell you that when you’re willing to give your life up to see a dream through, the reward is great. And now that I’ve become an apprentice to one of the greatest artists in the world, my potential reaches beyond anything I ever imagined. Let’s kill this ****.”

Shady Records was founded in 1999 by Eminem and his manager Paul Rosenberg. D12, the label’s first signing, were also Shady’s first breakout stars, selling more than four million albums in the U.S. In 2002, the label released the quadruple platinum 8 Mile soundtrack, with its hit single “Lose Yourself”–the first hip-hop song to win an Academy Award for Best Original Song. Shady Records then partnered with Dr. Dre’s Aftermath Entertainment to ink 50 Cent, who subsequently has sold more than 23 million albums worldwide. Of Shady’s 11 albums to date, four have earned U.S. multiplatinum certification, three others platinum (including the compilation Eminem Presents: The Re-Up) and two gold. The label has sold over 40 million albums worldwide.

XXL‘s March 2010 issue hits newstands nationwide on February 8.

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2011/01/eminem-presents-shady-records-2-0-in-new-xxl/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Probably a good move for all involved. I really liked Yella's Trunk Muzik mixtape.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Probably a good move for all involved. I really liked Yella's Trunk Muzik mixtape.

ye that is a quality mixtape, you never know we could have a re-up album pt 2 for shady to promote his artists again that would be good, the re-up was a good album and a good idea even though cashis and stat quo didnt quite make it in the end.

i think something like that with eminem would be good for them publicty wise.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Yela was already signed to interscope so I'd imagine it's just a move for publicity rather than Em actually signing him.

Good look for Slaughterhouse though, gives them a bigger production budget so they can work with top level production teams instead of the lieks of street runner etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

I genuinely hope Yela singing is just a publicity stunt and Eminem doesn't ruin him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

I genuinely hope Yela singing is just a publicity stunt and Eminem doesn't ruin him.
    I just hope eminem stops doing production.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭master-t

I really hope this move doesn't ruin Yella. Too much talent to become another Stat Quo ar Cashis!!

Good mover for Slaughthouse though! As said above, bigger budget to produce with and Joe Budden is just sh*t hot anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭HATCHET IRL

whats all da fuss over yela for? i listened to one of his songs and cringed. am i missin out by not givin his work a real listen?

I think his Trunk Muzik mixtape is pretty brilliant end to end. Production is mint whatever about the rapping.

Thought the one before that Stereo was mad cheesy. Didn't like it at all.

Depends what you're into. There seem to be a lot of people who think any Southern rap other than Outkast is ****e so..

I think his Trunk Muzik mixtape is pretty brilliant end to end. Production is mint whatever about the rapping.

Thought the one before that Stereo was mad cheesy. Didn't like it at all.

Depends what you're into. There seem to be a lot of people who think any Southern rap other than Outkast is ****e so..
    i could pretty much fall into that category as well. its not that i think theyre bad rappers, bun b is one of my favourite rappers when hes appearin on someone elses track, its just the southern beats for me are gash. but thats just my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭master-t

As Shapey said above, production is top class! I think perhaps working with Eminem and the gang at Shady his writing will come along leaps and bounds. But then again, would people claim he 'sold out' for changing his style??

• Advertisement

master-t wrote: »
    As Shapey said above, production is top class! I think perhaps working with Eminem and the gang at Shady his writing will come along leaps and bounds. But then again, would people claim he 'sold out' for changing his style??

he's mainstream now so there's good chance he might sell out either way, we could all name loads of rappers/gangsta rappers who done this.

i can just picture a yelawolf ft em hip/pop lead single for his album to gain publicity.

More on that xxl interview, think Ortiz hit the nail on the head here, glad he gave biggie some credit as one of the best lyricist's he is well underrated on these boards people thinking pac is a better lyricist than him is just crazy talk;).

eminem-yelawolf-300x300-2010-05-17.jpg

Vanessa Satten had the opportunity to sit down with the Detroit lyricist and his newest signees—underground supergroup Slaughterhouse, which consists of Royce Da 5’ 9”, Joe Budden, Crooked I and Joell Ortiz, as well as buzzing Alabama upstart Yelawolf—to talk about their plans to take over the rap game as Shady 2.0.

According to Em, this new roster signifies a rebirth of his company Shady Records, which, founded in 1999, lost steam after several members parted ways (Obie Trice, Stat Quo, Bobby Creekwater) three years ago. “Slaughterhouse, it’s kinda phase two of Shady,” Em says in the story. “The new generation of Shady Records.”

While it was no surprise to rap fans that Marshall Mathers was interested in signing the super lyrical crew of his former rap partner, Royce, Em’s deal with up-and-coming Southern rapper, Yela, came as a surprise to the hip-hop nation. But, similar to Slaughterhouse, Em started out as a fan of quick-tongued Alabama MC. “I saw the video to ‘Pop the Trunk,’ and I was like, ‘Yo, this is ****in’ dope,’ Em says. “I took the CD home that I had already had and started listening to the ****, and I was like, ‘****, he can spit.’”

With the new Shady in tow, Eminem may be ushering in a return to wordplay in hip-hop, something that hip-hop heads have been missing from the genre for quite some time. “It just feels good to put lyricism in the forefront again, in my eyes,” Joell Ortiz says in the article. “Some of my heroes, when I came up rhymin’, were Biggie Smalls, Big L—rest in peace to all these—Big Pun. Dudes who were passionate about the way they put words together, the message they sent when they rhymed, and just bein’ ill with the pen. And I feel like this group, and Yelawolf and Em, are dudes who stand for that. And it’s good to see the pure form gettin’ shine again.”

To read these stories and much more be sure to pick up XXL’s March 2011 issue, hitting newsstands nationwide on February 8.

http://www.karencivil.com/2011/01/19/xxl-shady-2-0-cover-eminem-talks-becoming-a-yelawolf-fan/

some here actually think Pac is a better lyricist than biggie?:) each to their own i suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

I'm hearing rumors that 50 is gone from Shady/Aftermath..?

Like I said, rumors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

New Slaughterhouse track with Eminem and Yelawolf dropped today.

Good track, I like it.

The beat is fairly bland isn't it? Yelawolf just about makes it sound alright. Rest of them just make it worse by shouty bludgeoning it to death with technical I'm a lyrical myricle see how good I'm rapping punchlines that don't really make the song much more interesting.

Slaughterhouse have a track on the new Travis Barker Album, Budden kills it.

the tracklist and album cover for royce's new album has been released, looks good and royce has kept it pretty low on the feature front too which i like, surprisingly em is only ft'd on writers block where he only plays a small role really too but he's producing a track on there too along with premo.

Royce59SICcover.jpg

01. Second Place [Prod. by DJ Premier]
    02. I Ain’t Coming Down
    03. Legendary [Prod. by Eminem]
    04. Security
    05. On the Blvd. (feat. Adonis)
    06. Where My Money At
    07. I’ve Been Up
    08. Merry Go Round
    09. Writer’s Block (feat. Eminem)
    10. My Own Planet (feat. Joe Budden)
    11. ER (feat. Kid Vishis)

Royce59SICback.jpg

this was leaked of yelawolfs new album too, its suppose to be the 1st single i think but yela aint happy about it.

“Hey to who ever leaked Gangster of Love … I BET ON YOURE cock sucking mother You won’t show you’re face round HERE !!! Say somethin? The difference between me and you is that I’ll sit in jail .. Punk bitch Internet goons .. Wait till RadioActive drops .. GameOver,”

“Good night twitter. Un follow me and tell you’re friends I suck .. I don’t give a **** anymore .. I’m officially off line .. Love – Michael,” said Yelawolf. “To my fans ..the wolfpack I love you ALL .. And I’ll stay in touch with you on yelawolf.com RadioActive drops September 27th .. Hallerrr.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

“Hey to who ever leaked Gangster of Love … I BET ON YOURE cock sucking mother You won’t show you’re face round HERE !!! Say somethin? The difference between me and you is that I’ll sit in jail .. Punk bitch Internet goons .. Wait till RadioActive drops .. GameOver,”

“Good night twitter. Un follow me and tell you’re friends I suck .. I don’t give a **** anymore .. I’m officially off line .. Love – Michael,” said Yelawolf. “To my fans ..the wolfpack I love you ALL .. And I’ll stay in touch with you on yelawolf.com RadioActive drops September 27th .. Hallerrr.”

Rapper's should really stay off twitter

• Advertisement

Corholio wrote: »
    Rapper's should really stay off twitter

he claims he is gone now from twitter, i dont know i think its a good way for fans to keep in touch with these rappers and celebs.

yelawolftwitter.jpg

I don't have Twitter drama anymore, I relieved myself of it. I'm done with it. It's over for me. It'll be run by management from now on,” he said. "I find myself too personal with it and I just can't help it. It's my personality. It's one thing to get a leak. It's another thing it's another thing when the person who leaks it can sit there and cuss you out about it."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,916 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Really like that Gangsta of Love track. 3 most anitcipated albums are Yelawolf, Jay Rock and Royce's

the intro for royce's new album has been released, not anything great in my opinion found it hard to listen to, its produced by eminem i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭floggg

Yelawolf - Hard White Remix (ft T.I. & Slaughterhouse)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6azVs5JGao&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Joell's flow is crazy on this. He consistently steals the show on Slaughterhouse tracks in my book!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

floggg wrote: »
    Yelawolf - Hard White Remix (ft T.I. & Slaughterhouse)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6azVs5JGao&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Joell's flow is crazy on this. He consistently steals the show on Slaughterhouse tracks in my book!
    That's an excellent song, much better than the original.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I'm excited for Yella. I think he's great.

Agree, can't wait for Radioactive!

the artwork for the album has been released with the tracklist, looks good few surprise guests including kid rock.
    1. Radioactive (Intro)
    2. Get Away (Feat. Shawty Fatt & Mystikal)
    3. Let’s Roll (Feat. Kid Rock)
    4. Hard White (Up In The Club) (Feat. Lil Jon)
    5. Growin’ Up In The Gutter (Feat. Rittz)
    6. Throw It Up (Feat. Gangsta Boo & Eminem)
    7. Good Girl
    8. Made In The U.S.A.
    9. Animal (Feat. Fefe Dobson)
    10. The Hardest Love Song In The World
    11. Write Your Name
    12. Everything I Love The Most
    13. Radio
    14. Slumerican ****izen (Feat. Killer Mike)
    15. The Last Song

Radioactive.jpg

Actually liking the Kid Rock tune, wish he came a bit harder tho.

Also, class hearing Hard White on latest Sons of Anarchy episode!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Not really into the kid rock track, looking forward to the album though also looking forward to seeing him in the olympia tomorrow before wiz khalifa

Yela is in Dublin tomorrow????????? :eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Yela is in Dublin tomorrow????????? :eek::eek::eek:

Yep hes supporting wiz

New track with em dropped, in work can't hear it.ðŸ˜

i like it.

• Advertisement

m*ther****er!!! I would love to see Yela live!! No interest but would have gone just to see Yela. BOLLIX anyway!!

really liking throw it up all 3 killed it.

was a bit skeptical of village boo but she actually done well on it.

great song.

Yela's Radioactive has leaked...

...and 1st listen through, it's crap. Trunk Muzik was way better. Maybe it will grow on me but way too many lovey dove sounding tracks (even though eminem makes a skit that the album needs a love song.

Bollix, Yela is much better than this.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    ...and 1st listen through, it's crap. Trunk Muzik was way better. Maybe it will grow on me but way too many lovey dove sounding tracks (even though eminem makes a skit that the album needs a love song.

Bollix, Yela is much better than this.

is it that bad? im going to give it a listen over the weekend. If you have a decent download link could you pm it cheers!

• Advertisement

just gave a few songs a listen over youtube, 1st tought for me it the opposite man i think its pretty good tbh.

a very different approach from yela from what we are use to but honestly it has a very unique sound to it imo, there's a few i dont like but for the best part im impressed will it stand the test of time though? thats another thing:)

can see this being a single, speaks a lot of truth in this imo, clever approach rapping some real stuff in his verses and nailing the hook so it passes as a possible radio song.

liking these!

Ya I like a few of the tracks but I can't have the whole cd in my car, way too many sh*t ones. I think if he went to Strange Music, we would be hearing a completely different album but then i'm sure he's gonna make plenty of money from Shady. Disapointed

PM sent man

New Slaughterhouse track dropped today, not sure if this is from new album

Jigga wrote: »
    New Slaughterhouse track dropped today, not sure if this is from new album

Probably not on the album, was originally a Game track called 'Monsters In My Head' produced by Boi-1da, leaked before the summer so would be surprised if Slaughterhouse use it.

Advertisement