Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

channel 4-NOW- PAPARAZZI documentary

• 13-01-2011 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

check out channel 4 looks like a good programme starting now

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

dont have the channel (only have terrestrial TV - oh the shame!!)

will it be online ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,725 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

It's based on a 13 year old pap, it might be on 4od sometime

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭conair01

eh could be after it airs tonight. its an American thing following a kid about who is a papaarazzi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭mehfesto

4od is usually brilliant - could be online after it finishes, or in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Seen it advertised right after Shameless, set it to record as the missus wouldn't have the interest in it. Will check it out tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭T-rev

watching it now, its class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

the bits of it that are about the papp industry are interesting enough.

but a 13/14 year old kid out roaming the streets at 3am with people he only knows from hanging out with them down the back alleys outside nightclubs.... seriously what the F*CK is wrong with his parents?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭T-rev

why stop him? he seems to be good at what he does and he is only 14. okay it mihgt look dangerous but he seemed fairly streetwise on that documentary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Only got to watch the 1st hour but have it recorded. Did he have his own credit card when he was in the shop??? What was the camera he had that only 4 other "papps" had? Money seemed to be no object.

Family situation seemed a bit odd, but I suppose its horses for courses but having a 13 y/o out till 2am or 3am, just "doing his job" is a bit much.

Although it tried to show him as being mature beyond his years it still showed the child element when he was getting upset that the other paparazzo didn't like him when he started bringing the camera crew with him and when the actor fella didn't ring him to let him know where he was going to be. and the "its my exclusive" whinge.

Interesting 1st hour, hopefully watch the rest tonight but something just didn't sit right with me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I only got to see the first while of this too. It was entertaining and interesting to watch. I don't have Channel 4, was in a friend's house so I'm hoping 4OD host it.

It always amazes me the equipment papparazzi use when they take the worst and scummily achieved shots of celebs.

• Advertisement

his parents seemed a bit... i dunno a bit flaky... regarding their kids' safety and mental wellbeing, tbh. though the mother seemed to get it a bit more once she saw the rushes of the documentary so far.

why let him? cause he's a f**king CHILD!! surely it'd have been better for his mental development to keep him in school and try and get him through high school first than simply indulging his grandiose ideas of being a pro papper...AT 13???!!!!! are people afraid of saying NO to their kids now?

''mam, i want to leave the school system, be home schooled at your expense, and wander round west hollywood at 3am with a load of adults, trying to get photos of celebrities. oh, and can i please spend thousands of dollars on this camera? cause no one else has it and i want it and all the other boys.. sorry... adults will be jealous of me and think i'm cool?''

''no. now eat yer greens''

simples :)

artyeva wrote: »
    why let him? cause he's a f**king CHILD!! surely it'd have been better for his mental development to keep him in school and try and get him through high school first than simply indulging his grandiose ideas of being a pro papper...AT 13???!!!!! are people afraid of saying NO to their kids now?

I always find it amusing to hear the usual ... the school/teachers cant meet the needs of my child genius

In other words they don't let the little angels have their own way the whole time and have the cheek to say no to them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

It resolved quite well in the end, bit of humble pie from Austin and a reality check for everybody else in the project

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Crap! Spotted this in the planner last night but didnt bother putting it on. Had I realised it was made by the guy who plays Vinny Chase in Entourage I'd have recorded it at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Didn't see any of it, but it was listed on AERTEL as a film. Are you sure it was a real documentary?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

whyulittle wrote: »
    Didn't see any of it, but it was listed on AERTEL as a film. Are you sure it was a real documentary?

There are such things as documentary films.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

what was the doc called can seem to see it on 4od

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Teenage Paparazzo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I saw it and thought it was great, have to say the dude from entourage may have helped though :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

JohnK wrote: »

That looks really interesting, hopefully I'll find it on dvd if its out

Watched the 2nd hour yesterday evening. Interesting turn of events. Worth watching

Just watched this tonight, had it recorded on the box. Very good. Love to see a good reality check ending. The mother was the true villain of the Doc IMO, shouldn't have taken a showing of her pitifulness for her to realise how **** a mother she is.

Annoying that people with no respect for actual photography have all the best equipment! Grrrr :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Annoying that people with no respect for actual photography have all the best equipment! Grrrr :mad:

One upskirt of the right celeb and you've got the money for all the gear you need:rolleyes:

True, sad ... but true.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭pauld1

out of curiousity is ther paprazzi in ireland ?

Of course. They're everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭pauld1

persume its not as busy as the u.s or uk is it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

No one really cares about Irish celebs to the extent that people can make a living out of it.

• Advertisement

pauld1 wrote: »
    out of curiousity is there paprazzi in ireland ?

I think there's only about 3 of them ...in Dublin ... but plenty of freelance photographers in the country who will try get pics of "celebs" if they are in their area... but wouldn't have an outlet to syndicate the pics (which is how the money is made).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭nicknackgtb

Is there money in it at all? Like would it be worth trying to get snaps of some?

Is there money in it at all? Like would it be worth trying to get snaps of some?

well...they all have other jobs ...so I'm guessing ...no.

one of them told me before that he made a good couple of grand on one picture (over 10K) - first pics of Brian McFadden and Delta Goodrum (pics were used in USA, Oz, UK and Ireland)

if you have the network to syndicate the images .... you can make money, but these guys have been doing it for years and years....making contacts in restaurants, shops, security, PR etc etc

I've made over 2K from a single picture - I was fortunate enough to have access to my archive and remembered that I had the right pic....I have been working as a photographer/photojournalist for a good number of years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I was offered a pap job in Ireland after selling a pile of celeb photos but I turned it down. It's a creepy industry!

Advertisement