Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garment repairs/alterations

Options
  • 13-01-2011 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭

I have a jacket with a tear under the arm that I need repaired. Can anyone recommend a place that will do a good job?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

I have got clothes altered in place in Blanchardstown, on the road where the Church is. Sorry no idea of the name or the phone number. It is in a little cottage. If you drive by you will see the place (used to have a canopy over the front door with an alterations sign).

Last time I got something altered was about 3 years ago and I was happy with the job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭fptosca

There's a shop in the Blanchardstown Shopping Centre that do Dry Cleaning and Alterations. They are in front of Meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

fptosca wrote: »
    There's a shop in the Blanchardstown Shopping Centre that do Dry Cleaning and Alterations. They are in front of Meteor.
    I have seen that place. Anyone have any experience with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭fptosca

yes, I brough them a leather jacket 'cause the zip was not working properly. They fixed it for €10 and it works perfectly since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

I have got clothes altered in place in Blanchardstown, on the road where the Church is. Sorry no idea of the name or the phone number. It is in a little cottage. If you drive by you will see the place (used to have a canopy over the front door with an alterations sign).

Last time I got something altered was about 3 years ago and I was happy with the job done.

This lady is very good I bring all my alterations here, if shes not busy she can be finished the same day! Got her to take in a suit during the summer you wouldn't know it had been touched.

The shop is up from St Brigids Church in the row of bungalows there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement