Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

installing a water butt front and back of house

• 13-01-2011 1:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭

i am windering if any one can put me in right direction when it comes to water butts,
    i have been looking at some and they are way too dear, how these diy stores dont blush when they put prices on products make me sick,
    i would like to know where i would get the pieces of down pipe and workings that would work also the butt, any one here has brainwaves or know about these things

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Local councils also sometimes offer them (and other stuff like composters and worm bins) at reduced prices, so I'd suggest you look on your local town or county council's website or call their environmental section. I got mine from my local council recycling centre here in Bray.

Usually the fittings required to connect to the downpipe are supplied with the water butt.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Any half decent builders providers will have all the drain pipe connections and pieces that you need,aswell as the water butts themselves.

And for alot less than the DIY stores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

paddy147 wrote: »
    Any half decent builders providers will have all the drain pipe connections and pieces that you need,aswell as the water butts themselves.

And for alot less than the DIY stores.
    i do keep away from diy,s like woodies, they are way too dear, overpriced, but my local builder provider has a huge building full of overpriced stock also, where as when i go to other towns i can find builder providers far cheaper than those in my town,

the person above who said to look my local co co, i will, and i thank you for your help in this

Advertisement