Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Symbian^3 Software updates

Options
  • 13-01-2011 1:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

First update now available in the SW update app on the handset. Its in the applications folder.

This one is to increase app stability. Should be available for N8, C7 and the C6-01

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Mine is generic so no wait time. I dont think it will take them long for the networks for this one

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Going to be interesting to see how much of a difference this will make, can't see it being signifcant but does make me hopeful of a full update in a week or two!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

kmart6 wrote: »
    Going to be interesting to see how much of a difference this will make, can't see it being signifcant but does make me hopeful of a full update in a week or two!

This is only minor really, the next update should have a lot more in it. One thing i noticed with this update, it removed my google search widget from the home screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Davy wrote: »
    This is only minor really, the next update should have a lot more in it. One thing i noticed with this update, it removed my google search widget from the home screen.
    you can put it back on,and now the you can search your phone for widgets usin it,
    bonus.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Seems to be more resonsive though straight away to me....

Saw on aother forum that some guy lost his search widget after the update too...but just had to put it back on and it was grand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

try your camera,it starts VERY fast now,gettin better all the time.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭jimmy_t

battery monitor never worked properly on my n8, after each install would work until the battery died and would never initialize properly again, installed the update and it immediately started working again, sweet! ill just have to wait til the batt dies again to see if it really is fixed tho!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭KrisW

kmart6 wrote: »
    Seems to be more resonsive though straight away to me....

Saw on aother forum that some guy lost his search widget after the update too...but just had to put it back on and it was grand!

Yeah, the old search widget was replaced with a new one, so you need to put it back on your homescreen if you had it before.

Advertisement