Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Microfu|kingsoft

• 13-01-2011 1:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

whats the deal with these guys, seriously..

with all the bugs and crap on practically everything they release, I put on IE8 recently and now the feking back button does not work.

did a google on it and came across a forum with a few million replies

f**k that ****!

its 2011, how hard is it to make usable and bug free software....

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I use quite a few different microsoft applications (windows 7, office 2010, games for windows live, zune, loads of their developer tools etc.) across a few different pcs and I haven't noticed an abnormal amount of bugs or errors. Quite the opposite actually. I don't use IE much though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

well, actually i removed firefox as it was doing my head in.. it kept crashing due to adobe flash...

lol

anyway...

I put on IE8 and imported my bookmarks and all that and now this bloody back button is shagged, bleedin joke is all i say.

seriously, I would fire all the s/w developers at ms, seems everything they release is shagged with bugs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

erm, IE is absolute crap!!!!!!!!!!

Firefox on the other hand rocks :)

Ignoring idiots who comment "far right" because they don't even know what it means

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

well, actually i removed firefox as it was doing my head in.. it kept crashing due to adobe flash...

lol

anyway...

I put on IE8 and imported my bookmarks and all that and now this bloody back button is shagged, bleedin joke is all i say.

seriously, I would fire all the s/w developers at ms, seems everything they release is shagged with bugs.

Maybe you should try chrome I've been using it for years and never had a problem with it. Saying that I never had a problem with firefox either (just found it slow compared to chrome hence why I switched). It's possible that the problem is with your OS install if you're having problems with both browsers. I have to say I think microsoft do a good job. Any of their software I've used is pretty solid (their online live services are a bit buggy though especially if you're not using IE at least in my experience), never run into many problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

my o/s (win 7 64) is solid and never crashes.

might try chrome....i be dammed if i am going to read 1,000,000 replies on how to fix a back button on IE8.

ta

• Advertisement

my o/s (win 7 64) is solid and never crashes.

So windows 7 is rock solid and never crashes yet you complain that microsoft can't release a bug free piece of software and all their developers should be fired. Seems like you're over-reacting just a tad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

We can try and help you get the back button working, if you want. :)

Advertisement