Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City Council Water Systems

Options
  • 13-01-2011 3:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knows where to get a map of the areas which each system controls. Our water always followed what was happening with Rialto Bridges System, but seems tonight it didn't (we had no water, DCC website says Rialto should have water tonight) so now we think we might be on Blackhorse Bridge System.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Cheers Victor, so we're definitely in the Rialto Bridge System, on the Updates page it says we should have had no shut off last night and we did.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭GlasnevinRed

Those updates don't seem to be very reliable. The gf's house in Perrystown has been without water at times when they should have it. I'd imagine some of the problems would be the fixing of pipes on specifc roads as opposed to actual shut offs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dolallyoh

From the site: "Zone 8 the Rialto Bridge area was turned off in error last night,"

dolallyoh wrote: »
    From the site: "Zone 8 the Rialto Bridge area was turned off in error last night,"

Just seen that now, and supposedly we'll have water tonight, now whether to believe them and have a shower later or have a shower now incase of another "error".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

I have no faith in them or in a word they say. I'm in zone 2 and we're getting cut off all the time, despite whether they say we will or not. This has been happening since last January. Pointless even checking their stupid website.

It's weird having water after 7pm :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

After 3 weeks of not being able to shower or flush down a big **** when I want to, I've been strongly considering packing up and moving to India. Great plumbing systems in place over there, I've heard - relativley speaking, of course.

Advertisement