Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teenager stabbed on Vevay road at 7:30am

• 13-01-2011 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Yesterday I got a call from my mum to say she was in St. Vincents hospital.
    She has a young student staying with her who while on his way to school with his little brother were attacked by two little scumbags/thugs. They initially passed them by but for some reason came bag and with a broken bottle proceeded to stab this guy in the face. First i'll never understand how someone can do that, but also it's 7:30 in the MORNING. It just absolutely disgusts me. I'm so angry about this. The poor guy lost a lot of blood and then spent most of yesterday in hospital getting numerous stitches and the doctors said he might be left scarred by this. What memories will this guy leave Bray with? Is Bray in such a state? My mum's had students before one guy got punched in the face, some girls got chased by some guys on bikes, not nice but a stabbing is just another level completely.
    What do you think?What can be done?
    The Gardai are investigating so if anyone saw anything please contact them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Trev C

I heard about this yesterday on http://www.thejournal.ie/investigation-begins-into-assault-on-bray-19-year-old-2011-01/

Really surprised it happened around that time, considering a lot of people would be heading to work around that time. Surely there must be some witnesses who may have seen the two men.
    Hopefully there are no lasting injuries for the student but doesn't sound too good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

It's also in today's Irish Independent. Absolutely sickening. I hope he recovers from his ordeal and does not think that that's the way how Ireland treats foreign visitors.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Terrible to hear. I hope he makes a speedy recovery. You would wonder at times what this country is coming to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Quentinkrisp

Thats nasty **** alright, hope the student pulls through:( tbh i wouldnt say it's just a bray thing, it can happen anywhere in ireland, especially dublin:mad: just like the case of this poor chap: http://www.rte.ie/news/2001/1127/student.html

the **** responsible for that deserves to die in prison, same for these little scumbags

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

I have met the student and he is good ,staying in Ireland, and arrests have been made

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 FURBALL18

It's true they've made an arrest. The one arrested is under 18, pretty shocking so young so little regard. Apparently the other has fled to Spain, but glad to see the Gardai acting quick on this. God knows they must have their hands full. Just saw this as well.
    http://www.herald.ie/national-news/terror-of-pregnant-woman-in-gun-attack-2503977.html

• Registered Users Posts: 10 convoymusic

that's terrible, can't believe things like this happen in this day and age.
    i hope the people responsible get properly punished

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

that's terrible, can't believe things like this happen in this day and age.
    i hope the people responsible get properly punished

Not sure why you're dragging up an 11 month old thread?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement