Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

canon ef70-300 vs ef75-300

• 13-01-2011 11:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭

Just ordered for myself a canon lens from Amazon - ef70-300, but looking at much cheaper 75-300 in Argos. If i bought it, at least i could start using it right away.

Why such a difference in the price? excuse the question but i am a newbie :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭aidanic

Just ordered for myself a canon lens from Amazon - ef70-300, but looking at much cheaper 75-300 in Argos. If i bought it, at least i could start using it right away.

Why such a difference in the price? excuse the question but i am a newbie

A couple of links might help, as there's a wide variety of canon lenses.

The Argos lens appears to be Agros item #569/1232 for €250 (including €50 off) - the EF 75-300mm 4.0/5.6 III lens. Also available on Amazon.co.uk for £118.

The Amazon lens, 70-300, appears to be the EF 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 IS USM Lens for £419.

The big difference (£300 based on Amazon pricing) is to do with the quality of glass, and the "IS" image stabilsation features.

There are others here who can explain this better...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭tina turner

I was thinking that the price must be for a reason. this http://www.flickr.com/photos/tropicaliving/3461598828/ was achieved with this lens and the extension tube(s) and i would love to get into the macro as well as landscape-photography. Seems like £418 will serve me well,ha? :)
    thanks for the links,must look into this website for future purchases :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭tina turner

aidanic wrote: »
    A couple of links might help, as there's a wide variety of canon lenses.

The Argos lens appears to be Agros item #569/1232 for €250 (including €50 off) - the EF 75-300mm 4.0/5.6 III lens. Also available on Amazon.co.uk for £118.

The Amazon lens, 70-300, appears to be the EF 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 IS USM Lens for £419.

The big difference (£300 based on Amazon pricing) is to do with the quality of glass, and the "IS" image stabilsation features.

There are others here who can explain this better...

the reviews of the amazon one are pretty ok, the shutter speed seems to be pretty fast. and the image stabilizer if i am not mounting it on the tripod is a big bonus.
    i asked because i could still cancel the order, but i think i will go ahead and get it.

Advertisement